Concerned About Your Child's English? Let's Chat

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:19 am

Is Your Child Facing These Challenges In The English Exam Today?

Challenge # 1 – Facing difficulties in developing high-quality ideas for COMPOSITION that are logical and supported by the use of good language?

Challenge # 2 – Finding it hard to breakdown the COMPREHENSION text before answering the question in a way that meets the requirements of the question?

Challenge # 3 – Feeling nervous or unsure of what to say in front of the ORAL examiners during the stimulus based conversation?

If you are concerned about these issues, then you’ve come to the right place!

Understanding The Challenge

Many students are facing these challenges because the way English is tested today is very different from the past. It is no longer just a test of your child’s grammar and vocabulary skills. While these are still important, higher order skills such as logical thinking and creativity are increasingly being tested as well; and the truth is many students are not equipped with the methods to handle such questions, unlike Math and Science where formulas are given to help them.

Given the seemingly complex nature of this challenge would you believe me if I told you that the simple answer to solve your problem would be to equip your child with step-by-step formulas that he/she can reliably rely on to guide him/her during the English exam?

If you don’t believe me, do consider this, why do Math and Science teachers focus so much on the use of formulas for their subjects? Is it because these formulas make it quicker and easier for your child to solve problems?

Now, if this is true, wouldn’t it then stand to reason that formulas also exist for the English exam, given that your child is expected to sit for it, just as he/she would for Math or Science.

A Step-By-Step Guide To Achieving At Least A 2 Grades Improvement For English

Recognising this, we at DO Applied Learning have developed an exclusive step-by-step guide which brings together 10 essential easy to use frameworks. These proprietary frameworks were developed only after a thorough analysis of the Marking Guide, and our successful track record in helping our students improve by 2 grades or more for English was achieved largely as a result of them mastering these 10 frameworks well in our classroom.

With this book in hand, your child can simply apply the frameworks inside it to handle most questions that appear in the English exam just as he/she would use a Math formula. Can you believe it? Formulas for the English exam!

That’s not all!

I will also personally arrange for your child to have an Obligation Free Diagnostic Consultation, when you come to collect your step-by-step guide. This Diagnostic Consultation with your child is conducted on an individual basis and comprises a structured 60 minutes session that aims to achieve 3 main objectives:

1. Assess your child’s English standard through the use of a professionally developed learning needs assessment;
2. Introduce your child to our step-by-step guide for handling the English exam (We will focus on a specific area of need as highlighted by the assessment); and,
3. Allow your child the opportunity to immediately apply the step-by-step methods that were taught during the session.

There is a caveat though. I have only been allowed to print 100 Copies of this step-by-step guide, and I am giving them out quite quickly. So, you will need to let me know soon, if you really want to unlock the gates to your child’s 2 grades improvement for English, before others do so first.

*Note: Our step-by-step methods are especially effective if your child comes from an English speaking background (For Upper Primary School students), or scored an A or A* for their PSLE English (For Secondary School students).

Venue: 86 Marine Parade Central
Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:48 am, edited 8 times in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:32 pm

Challenge # 1 – Facing difficulties in developing high-quality ideas for COMPOSITION that are logical and supported by the use of good language?

Challenge # 2 – Finding it hard to breakdown the COMPREHENSION text before answering the question in a way that meets the requirements of the question?

Challenge # 3 – Feeling nervous or unsure of what to say in front of the ORAL examiners during the stimulus based conversation?

Many students are facing these challenges because the way English is tested today is very different from the past. It is no longer just a test of your child’s grammar and vocabulary skills. While these are still important, higher order skills such as logical thinking and creativity are increasingly being tested as well; and the truth is many students are not equipped with the methods to handle such questions, unlike Math and Science where formulas are given to help them.

Given the seemingly complex nature of this challenge would you believe me if I told you that the simple answer to solve your problem would be to equip your child with step-by-step formulas that he/she can reliably rely on to guide him/her during the English exam?

If you don’t believe me, do consider this, why do Math and Science teachers focus so much on the use of formulas for their subjects? Is it because these formulas make it quicker and easier for your child to solve problems?

Now, if this is true, wouldn’t it then stand to reason that formulas also exist for the English exam, given that your child is expected to sit for it, just as he/she would for Math or Science.

Recognising this, we at DO Applied Learning have developed an exclusive step-by-step guide which brings together 10 essential easy to use frameworks. These proprietary frameworks were developed only after a thorough analysis of the Marking Guide, and our successful track record in helping our students improve by 2 grades or more for English was achieved largely as a result of them mastering these 10 frameworks well in our classroom.

With this book in hand, your child can simply apply the frameworks inside it to handle most questions that appear in the English exam just as he/she would use a Math formula. Can you believe it? Formulas for the English exam!

That’s not all!

I will also personally arrange for your child to have an Obligation Free Diagnostic Consultation, when you come to collect your step-by-step guide. This Diagnostic Consultation with your child is conducted on an individual basis and comprises a structured 60 minutes session that aims to achieve 3 main objectives:

1. Assess your child’s English standard through the use of a professionally developed learning needs assessment;
2. Introduce your child to our step-by-step guide for handling the English exam (We will focus on a specific area of need as highlighted by the assessment); and,
3. Allow your child the opportunity to immediately apply the step-by-step methods that were taught during the session.

There is a caveat though. I have only been allowed to print 100 Copies of this step-by-step guide, and I am giving them out quite quickly. So, you will need to let me know soon, if you really want to unlock the gates to your child’s 2 grades improvement for English, before others do so first.

*Note: Our step-by-step methods are especially effective if your child comes from an English speaking background (For Upper Primary School students), or scored an A or A* for their PSLE English (For Secondary School students).

Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:10 pm

That’s not all!

Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm

That’s not all!

Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Concerned About Your Child's English? Let's Chat

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:36 am

That’s not all!

Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:23 pm

That’s not all!

Last edited by DoAppliedLearning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:17 pm

That’s not all!

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

That’s not all!

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 pm

That’s not all!

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:22 am

That’s not all!

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Tuition & Enrichment