Especially For Worried Parents: Do U Need Help For English?

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Especially For Worried Parents: Do U Need Help For English?

Postby DoAppliedLearning » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi there,

If you are here, I am guessing that you are a concerned parent who has seen first-hand how your child’s English grades has deteriorated in school. You probably have already given your child some time to adapt to the English syllabus in school, and may even have sent your child for English tuition elsewhere; however, it is just not working out for you and your child.

Should you be facing this problem today, Do Not Fret Anymore!

Helping your child to improve by 2 grades or more is entirely possible, especially with me, Tutor Daniel Ong, a former MOE officer who drafted speeches for Cabinet Level Ministers, and who contributed to the PSLE Review.

Before I share more on how I will help your child though, please let me first explain to you the challenge your child is facing in school today.

English today is tested in a very different manner from the past. It is no longer just a test of your child’s grammar and vocabulary skills. While these are still important, higher order skills such as logical thinking and creativity are increasingly being tested as well; and the truth is, many students (probably including your child) are not equipped with the right tools to handle such questions.

This is why the #1 reason so many students are struggling with English today is due to the difficulty they face in understanding and answering the questions in the English exam.

The next question that is on your mind now is probably "So What", as you are likely to be more interested to find out "How exactly do I help your child do better for English". This is also a question that many parents have asked me, and I always have the same reply - There Is No Substitute For Good Teaching.

So, What Is Good Teaching?

There are three things that I usually like to focus on:

• First, having a clear understanding of your child's learning requirements. A good teacher will first diagnose your child so as to accurately identify at an early stage the specific areas that are holding your child back from doing well, and causing him/her to perform poorly in school for English.

• Second, providing customised learning materials for your child. After the initial assessment, the next thing a good teacher will do is to tailor a curriculum for your child that is based on his/her learning needs as revealed by the diagnosis. This is necessary because each child has unique learning requirements, which in turn requires a customised approach towards learning.

• Third, using Step-By-Step Methods that your child can easily apply in school. Knowledge without application is useless. This is why a good teacher is most importantly someone who is able to teach your child how to apply time-tested methods in a step-by-step manner. Only then, will your child be able to understand the exact requirements of the exam, attain the skills to handle the questions, and achieve his/her 2 Grades Improvement (Or Better) For English in school.

===============================================================================================
If my way of teaching sounds like something you might be interested in, I invite you to bring your child here for a Free 1-on-1 Diagnostic Consultation.

Help Your Child To Experience A 2 Grades Improvement (Or Better) For English Today!
===============================================================================================

Classroom Venue: 86 Marine Parade Central

Last bumped by DoAppliedLearning on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm.

DoAppliedLearning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tuition & Enrichment