Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Share your blogs here

Use this forum if you run a blogshop or sell products for a profit. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Commerce & Blogshops Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Re: Share your blogs here

Postby limlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

explorer wrote:http://constancecheryl.blogspot.com/

Welcome to browse and please give me your comments :D

Blog not found
Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name constancecheryl is available to register!

Register constancecheryl

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:24 pm

ok.. didn't realised that the post was like.. few years old.. coz this thread appear on front page....

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Ok, bloggers. I read ALL your blogs !!!! :imcool:

I must say that all your children look so healthy and all the places you go to look so nice ! OR is it because you all have very POWDERFUL cameras ?? :wink: :wink:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiasubox » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 pm

UncleLim wrote:Ok, bloggers. I read ALL your blogs !!!! :imcool:

I must say that all your children look so healthy and all the places you go to look so nice ! OR is it because you all have very POWDERFUL cameras ?? :wink: :wink:

Ha, u so cute, ya, invest in a dslr, is defitnitely worth it!

kiasubox
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby UncleLim » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:14 pm

kiasubox wrote:
UncleLim wrote:Ok, bloggers. I read ALL your blogs !!!! :imcool:

Ha, u so cute, ya, invest in a dslr, is defitnitely worth it!

Ok, I will buy this DSLR camera you are talking about. After that, just press the button and everything will be beautiful right ? :wink:

And... please do not call me "cute". The last time anyone use that term on me Singapore has not even become independent yet !!!! :rotflmao:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiasubox » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Ha, then call u uncle? Eh press button but must know a bit of the program n best if u know Photoshop, but now dslr do have auto mode also :)

kiasubox
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bluebottle » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Anyone else here blogs these days? Would be interesting to read your blogs...

Here's my blog... http://littlebluebottle.blogspot.sg/
and some recent thoughts on the P1 registration system...

http://littlebluebottle.blogspot.sg/201 ... chool.html

an excerpt:

Selecting a primary school is actually a very introspective exercise. If selection is to be done consciously and purposefully, it requires deep and honest reflection.

A parent should think long and hard about his/her motivations and goals, and even longer and harder about his/her child's personality as well as academic aptitude.

1. What is important to you?

(a) For some, academic excellence is key.

(...)

I guess ultimately, parents feel bad if they feel that they might not have tried their best for their child. However, I've come to realise is that what is 'best' in the world's eyes, might not be best for your child. Every child is a unique individual, and just because you couldn't get your child in one of the top 15 or even 20 schools, does not mean you have failed your child. In fact, it might be a blessing in disguise.

2. Know your child

I feel that it's important to know your child well, and make the gauge of their personality and aptitude around 4 to 5 years old (not any earlier, since they change significantly in these years).
(...)

And another post if you are trying to wrap your head around the registration phases. Hope this is helpful! :)

http://littlebluebottle.blogspot.sg/201 ... te-p1.html

Here are my five steps towards attaining a measure of relative calm with respect to this phase of life. I will be assuming that parents reading this do not have an older child already in primary school, since that means that you probably have gone through this crazy process before, and qualify for Phase One registration, i.e. a guaranteed place for your second child, regardless of how HOT the school is.

1. Are you (or your spouse) an alumni member of a school you would like to send your child to?

If yes, you SCORE. You qualify for Phase 2A1 (if you are a card carrying - read: alumni fee paying member), or Phase 2A2 (if you intend to simply produce your report book, PSLE cert/slip or proof from MOE HQ that you went to that school).

Many friends I know who are alum of very popular schools will go ahead and pay the (high) alum fees anyway, just for peace of mind. Even though no one ever needs to ballot or worry at Phase 2A2. If I were them, I'd save the money, and wave the rules in the school's face if they insist I join the alumni.

Note: If you are not alum, it does not matter how near you stay the school. You will not qualify for this phase. If you are alum but stay 20km away, you will still qualify and need not worry about being balloted out. To my knowledge, no balloting has ever been necessary at the Phase 2A phase, however hot the school (which ironically probably has aircon in every classroom haha).

2. Are you willing to Parent Volunteer?

Parent Volunteering earns you a chance in Phase 2B.

Much has been said of Parent Volunteering. Some say it's not fair, it's "using effort to buy a place". Others say it's fair and square - give up 40 (or in some schools 80) hours of your time, and you deserve the place because you've worked for it. Meritocracy and all that, you know. Many parents are happy to do it because it offers a very glimpse into how the school really is. Some parents even decide that they didn't want to send their kids to that school after experiencing it through PV.

However, these days, too many hearts are willing, but too few PV spaces are even offered by the school. For reasons best known to school leaders (perhaps in the name of having better distribution or variety in the means of entry), most schools offer around 20 PV places. In very popular schools (i.e. Nanyang, St Hilda's, Ai Tong, Tao Nan), history has it that firstly it's very very difficult to get selected as a PV (tends to be 6-10 times oversubscribed). Secondly, you could fulfil your PV obligations of hours and hours of service to the school, and STILL get balloted out because you do not live within 1km of the school. In the past, those who lived within 1km and PV-ed could STILL have to ballot, i.e. could be balloted out. There is no guarantee, if there are too many Phase 2B applicants.

Perhaps it is for that reason that many popular schools do not even offer PV any more. These include SCGS, MGS, ACS (both) and Rosyth.

(...)

Bluebottle
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Best tuition center

Postby Razorarrow23 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 pm

I am extremely weak in A maths. After having attended the A maths lesson in steadfast educenter in bukit batok, I have grasped the concepts. The tutor is effective and the centre charges very low fees and no registration and no deposit fees. Want to find tuition center please go to this website http://www.steadfasttutor.com.sg
Thanks
By Raphael from Shuqun secondary school

Razorarrow23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Best tuition center

Postby Razorarrow23 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I am extremely weak in A maths. After having attended the A maths lesson in steadfast educenter in bukit batok, I have grasped the concepts. The tutor is effective and the centre charges very low fees and no registration and no deposit fees. Want to find tuition center please go to this website http://www.steadfasttutor.com.sg
Thanks

Razorarrow23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Best tuition center

Postby Razorarrow23 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks

Razorarrow23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Commerce & Blogshops

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres