[Bukit Panjang] BASC

Discuss about various Student Care services in various parts of Singapore. Please find the relevant area thread to post your queries.
nz7976
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Before or After school care in bukit panjang

Post by nz7976 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi all, im having a hard & complicated situation here

Im planning to let my girl start her P1 in bukit panjang area, greenridge pri school thus looking & searching for a suitable Before or After school care for her.. Shes act gg thru her preschools in KL at this moment, thus wld wanna brg her back for good now, her bro which is in P1 this yr is schooling in tampines area.

so anybody can help?

need it urgent else looks like we have to move to the east to get her into her bro's primary school.

its either i could get a guaranteed place for her or we might have to move to the east side :(

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Before or After school care in bukit panjang

Post by mrswongtuition » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

nz7976 wrote:Hi all, im having a hard & complicated situation here

Im planning to let my girl start her P1 in bukit panjang area, greenridge pri school thus looking & searching for a suitable Before or After school care for her.. Shes act gg thru her preschools in KL at this moment, thus wld wanna brg her back for good now, her bro which is in P1 this yr is schooling in tampines area.

so anybody can help?

need it urgent else looks like we have to move to the east to get her into her bro's primary school.

its either i could get a guaranteed place for her or we might have to move to the east side :(
If her brother is currenlty studying in SG, I assume she will get priority registration in his current school?

nz7976
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by nz7976 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:

so anybody can help?

If her brother is currenlty studying in SG, I assume she will get priority registration in his current school?
hi mrs wong
yup i noe she has e priority bt problem is that
1) im staying at bukit panjang while im a wkend parent to my boy
2) hes schooling & stayin with my mum in tampines, he went back to my former school..

so by 2012 im planning to bring my doter back n under my care
thus ive searched for BASC in bukit panjang there arent many, ive act registered my kids with pro teach in fajar rd, bt till now no call or updates or watsoever..

so my options are my girl with me in bukit panjang, my boy at tampines
1) need to find a BASC for my girl
2) need to reg her for a school opp my block
3) but wat i dislike is both still will be seperated.

but if both my kids are schooling in tampines, problem is my mum cant take care of them both & also to bring them back daily & sending them in the morning will be too hectic for them, i dont care abt me, bt i care more for them :roll:

i cant afford a maid thus looking at the above options, if i can i wld jolly well employed long time ago :( also we ever tried out a few act (sharing cost) but all are bad, bad, bad crazy maids thus we are too scared of them anymore even my kids are phobia of them

im hvg this DILEMMA since 4th Jan till now n it has not been solved! im soo worried for my kids.. im a bad mum :(

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mrswongtuition » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:48 pm

How about:
1. Ask for transfer for your son so that he'll be under your care too?
2. Shift nearer to your mum?
3. Look for home-based nanny? I understand their prices are comparable with student care.
4. Look for a primary school in your area with in-house student care?

nz7976
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by nz7976 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:How about:
1. Ask for transfer for your son so that he'll be under your care too?
2. Shift nearer to your mum?
3. Look for home-based nanny? I understand their prices are comparable with student care.
4. Look for a primary school in your area with in-house student care?

mrswong
thx again for ur sugg

1) KIV- yup tght of doing that once ive got a BASC for my girl.. coz few places ive asked they are FULL n wont hv vacancy can try again in July - Aug which is too late

2) KIV- yup we trying to look into this too provided we can move in or get a buyer & a flat by at least Mar- April? (normally wen do we need to submit the siblings name for e sam school?)

3) nanny.. OUT hmm nobody ard my area i noe of..

4) no schools that has a built in care for them, i noe sm schools have but meaning i hv to trf my son out & also reg for my doter in which is 40-60 situation & i would tink the schools would be very inconvenient for e kids too..

FYI im working in changi biz park, have worked since before marriage thus a bit syg to change job :(

ksunflower
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ksunflower » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendation for student care at Yew Tee?

Or any nanny to recommend for primary kids?

Thanks.

valthong22
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by valthong22 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 am

so anybody can help?

Hi,

My gal's in Beacon Primary School and (BASC) Adelfibel Educare. I find this BASC much better then Proteach. I initially enrolled her in Proteach, but did not like the environment and teacher, esp the person in touch. The teaching method is VERY harsh and they use the cane on kids. P2 in Beacon might have vacancy since it's a pretty new school. Currently they only have till P4.

All the best in your search for yr children's school. Like me, I have to depend on myself and my hubby to take care of kids n househole chores, so a good BASC will offload lotsa issue like homework and tuition..

Val :udawoman:

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

recommendation of a good student care

Post by peapot » Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 pm

I m quite tired of hiring maids and is exploring the idea of having my child sent to a student care centre since I do not have support at home. can anyone recommend any good ones near the west?

tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:28

Re: recommendation of a good student care

Post by tankee » Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 pm

how far west? Clementi? Jurong East? Jurong West?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

Re: recommendation of a good student care

Post by peapot » Mon May 09, 2011 8:10 pm

I m near bukit panjang.