KRTC Kent Ridge Education - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
contactmeaom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: KRTC Kent Ridge Education - Discussion

Post by contactmeaom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:47 pm

lifestylelink wrote:
TRINA27 wrote:
lifestylelink wrote:anyone is enrolled in "Read in a Week" at KRTC tampines or Rivervale Mall? Are they good? Any comments at all appreciated. I am trying to compare between KRTC and I CAN READ.
My Son has tried this Read in a Week Program and comparing it to I Can Read I prefer to come to Read in a Week.

I was in Read in a Week in Pasir Ris last time but my son cannot understand the way they teach and they have a really big group there.

I tried to go to their Pasir Ris branch but the timing is not good on a Friday Night.

So I went to Tampines Branch they have a Thursday class and Have weekend class also.

The teacher is quite good you can give them a call or try both to find out. I believe they will be doing some Holiday Program this November to December
May I check how old was your kid and with or without phonics background? Is he still with the school? I happened to be looking at Read in a Week at Tampines branch, just went here on Saturday, is Teacher Sherlyn good? She keeps yapping...personally I don't have chemistry with her but not important so long as she can teach. I got alittle confused reading your reply too... so u went to Pasir Ris "Read in a week", you feel that your child cannot follow the class because size is too big and then changed to Tampines "read in a week"?
May I also check the reason why you prefer Read in a Week to I Can Read?
You could try Bedok branch KRTC. They've got Read in a week phoinics programme too. Just found out they have a class on Mondays 7.30pm to 9pm and the teacher Janice gets along very well with the kids. They are opening a weekend class too this month, I think 21 oct, a saturday. Time not sure but think should be mid morning or early afternoon.
Btw I took a peep at the class as I passed by last monday. Small class so looks very conducive.

idealistic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by idealistic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi, does anyone has review on the teacher for read in a week program at Serangoon nex?

Arrmanas
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Arrmanas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am

Mamabear77 wrote:... posted on 03 Aug 2017 12:55

Any updates on krtc at sun plaza?
Mamabear77 ... have you registered your child at KRTC @ Sun Plaza (Sembawang)?

~ non-refundable deposit of S$180.00
~S$45.00 per lesson

I have not sure about Admin Fee & GST charges (if any) though.

enzoelize
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by enzoelize » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Will there be make up lessons if the lesson falls on a public holiday?

Bigplayer24
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Bigplayer24 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:35 am

Hi all,

I am thinking of placing both my kids in KRTC ( 1 in P1 preparatory, the other in phonics) at Hougang 1 branch. May I find out how is the review for this centre? How is their P1 preparatory class and phonics classes reviews?

Thanks a lot!

huangl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by huangl » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:45 am

Hi all, anyone has experience of sending kids to KRTC after school homework supervision? Appreciate your feedback on their P1 preparatory class too. Considering the Tiong Bahru branch. Thanks~~~

poohbear21
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by poohbear21 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:05 pm

hi, anyone attend read in a week with krtc ? how is the program , any teacher to recommend...
my son is k2 this year, keen to sign him up for the phonic or read in a week holiday class.
Appreciate your feedback on the program.

mrs koh

lleng1980
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by lleng1980 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm

huangl wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:45 am
Hi all, anyone has experience of sending kids to KRTC after school homework supervision? Appreciate your feedback on their P1 preparatory class too. Considering the Tiong Bahru branch. Thanks~~~
I am keen to know too. Does it same as student care centre?

MrsHan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MrsHan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 am

Help! What should I do to get back my deposit? Kent Ridge Tampines branch want to forfeit my deposit (the advance fees they made us pay for the last 4 lessons when we signed up at begin). The physical classes that I signed up for my girl's PSLE MT Compo are suspended , not due to our fault, but due to Covid19 Govt measures; instead they offered online classes. We are aware that online lessons are not going to be effective for my girl to learn such a complex subject such as MT Compo, so we requested for a refund. I explained that we also dunno how long this Govt suspension is going to be but my girl cannot afford to waste her previous time before PSLE comes in 5 months. But they refused to return us the deposit. I tried appealing for refund of that $78 material fees but also failed. At first before I signed up, the staff claimed that this material fees of $2 per lesson is meant for buying some rewards or certificate for the student.But my girl has never received such reward over the past 2 months leh. The Tutor Mr Lai's teaching also didnt meet my standard. My girl made alot of mistakes in her MT Compo but he never make her do any corrections in any of her 8 lessons. My girl said Mr Lai only told her to read his remarks made on her compo and she gave him a rating of only 6 out of 10. When I asked Mr Lai to help my girl by giving her some spelling tests so that she can minimise her wrong words, he said that's a "dead way of learning words". When I asked the Ctr to give alternative ideas then, since my idea is "dead", they said they will give the tutor training the next week, but I also never hear anything about it after that.

MRTEO75
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MRTEO75 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 am

How many Mr Lai do they have at KRTC? My kid is also with Mr Lai. She has been with him since last year. I can see that she has improved tremendously. My daughter enjoys his class.

Just let your daughter try out the online tuition. It's the way to go. Looking at the situation now, we also don't know if the schools are gonna close. It's just a matter of time. The government keeps talking about going digital. If you don't try then how do you know?