Growan Learning Centre - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Postby epohfoo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Original Title: English Enrichment class for P1

Dear Parents,

Anyone can give advise for Growan Learning Center in Marine Parade? :?:

epohfoo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Charnic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 pm

My child has been with them for one year. I do not find any improvement. Not sure is the school or just my child :?

Charnic
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby epohfoo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 am

Hi babynicole,

Thanks for your reply & feedback... :celebrate: .. so d you have any good recommendation? I heard that Learning Lab is having new branch at Mountbatten Square... and have you heard abt Adam Khoo? :?

epohfoo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ttlkbs » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 am

Both my boy and girl were there for a year. No improvement shown but thinking may be not suitable for my kids. You can see that those results posted outside the noticeboard were mainly fr "top schools". I knew of a boy fr son's sch whose essays kept appearing in the noticeboard but he is the top student in sch and now still a top student in sec sch. so i juz feel tat these students are good not totally becoz they attended Growan.

ttlkbs
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:38 am

Hi
Anyone has any feedback regarding Growan Learning Centre? :?:

Wonder what their teaching style and teachers are like? I am interested to find out more about their English classes for upper primary kids, particularly for PSLE classes.

Thanks

:D

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Growan Learning Centre

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 am

schweppes wrote:Hi
Anyone has any feedback regarding Growan Learning Centre? :?:

Wonder what their teaching style and teachers are like? I am interested to find out more about their English classes for upper primary kids, particularly for PSLE classes.

Thanks

:D

haha, after you read the ST 16/Oct that they spotted the cloze passage for the students to practice and it came out in PSLE ?

got others also with similar type of compo topics, science & math questions, etc

what is important is the teachers train the students well and can tackle any new questions, such that PSLE questions always look familiar

try other tuition centres - they can't be lucky every time :rotflmao:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby quirkymum » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 am

Agree that those schools and centre were just lucky. A real test would be to see how they fared in other sections of the paper. The school would be able to see the analysis of their school's performance in each section. And the average of other schools are also given.

But I think now MOE also stressed, must look high and low for passages or questions that have not been done before.

quirkymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby schweppes » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 am

Fully agree that it was probably pure luck and coincidence, and what's more important is that the teachers are dedicated. and my dd is motivated :roll: Need to be "shopping" around for a tuition centre for dd2 who will be sitting for her psle next year.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 24hr-mum » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:30 am

how is the feedback about growan ?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jane84 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Classes are big- 20 in the class.
Not much feedback between the parents and teacher- very cold. Like through the termly reports.
Not much different from the school. Not what I want from a tuition centre.

jane84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary