SmartLab - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

SmartLab Maths & Science tuition program

Postby claire » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi,
My child will be entering Sec 1 next year. I am doing some homework now as we are thinking of sending him for some coaching next year when things may get tougher & we as parents may not be able to guide him with the more advanced curriculum. Can anyone share your experience with SmartLab Science & Maths Tuition program ? (there are a few branches; one of which is in Bishan)
Thank you.
Cheerz
Claire

claire
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

SmartLab - Discussion

Postby ppnqq » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am

Any feedback on this tuition centre? Are they really that good? Btw, Yishun branch seems to cater to sec sch students only, anyone has any idea? TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Smartlab

Postby DinoMum » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm

ppnqq wrote:Any feedback on this tuition centre? Are they really that good? Btw, Yishun branch seems to cater to sec sch students only, anyone has any idea? TIA.

I send my children to Smartlab in Bishan. Yes they are good! My children benefited a lot under them :celebrate:

DinoMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ppnqq » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks DinoMum, finally there is one reply :love:

Bishan branch is good? Is your child in the upper primary or lower? Did yoiu take up their normal tuition or the guaranteed program that cost a bomb? Mind elaborating on how good are they pls? Thank you so much. :D

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby DinoMum » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 pm

ppnqq wrote:Thanks DinoMum, finally there is one reply :love:

Bishan branch is good? Is your child in the upper primary or lower? Did yoiu take up their normal tuition or the guaranteed program that cost a bomb? Mind elaborating on how good are they pls? Thank you so much. :D

Hi ppnqq

My children are in secondary levels already. Er, on how good they are ah.. I donno how to say. I see based on my children results and also the notes and worksheets they took back. Their notes are very concise. That time when I signed up with them, they are one of the better tuition centres which is more exam-oriented.. The teachers there helped my children with their questions even after tuition which I very much appreciated.

I have not heard on the guarantee programme when I signed up with them years ago. Think its a new programme? IMO, if they dare to guarantee, they must be of a certain standard. I will go and read more about this new programme. Lol..

I read up on straitstime donno how many weeks back, I saw that they are one of the tuition centre which has the most transparent student results. This allows us parents to better select the best for our children. Some centres which i went to in the past seems to "hide" more on the results of the students.

DinoMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

smartlab bishan

Postby 24hr-mum » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:59 am

hi

i am also trying to find out if smartlab is good for P3 math and science and what abt english?

any more details?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

smartlab guarantee program

Postby 24hr-mum » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am

i called and understood that the guarantee prog is only for PSLE results, and after interviewing the student.
but they have a membership prog. if eg p3, u pay $2500 a year and the child can go tuition for as many subjects as he wants.
one sub is $150-155. so two subjects already worth it.
they said they will teach the topic, not jus throw the wksheets at the child

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: smartlab guarantee program

Postby DinoMum » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 pm

lauren wrote:i called and understood that the guarantee prog is only for PSLE results, and after interviewing the student.
but they have a membership prog. if eg p3, u pay $2500 a year and the child can go tuition for as many subjects as he wants.
one sub is $150-155. so two subjects already worth it.
they said they will teach the topic, not jus throw the wksheets at the child

yaya~ i put them inside the membership scheme this year.. lolz.. According to my children, the teachers will do teaching in class first, then after that the teachers will go through worksheets. As for English, I am not very sure. Since I paid the membership, I just put them in.. *Kiasu* Oops..

DinoMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ppnqq » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm

But are we allowed to pay by installment? Is it really worth to pay the membership (that means don't have to pay monthly fee anymore?)? I mean, what if half way through the program I don't find it good and wanted to withdraw my child out?

So you are all taking the normal tuition class, right? Wonder what is the difference btw their normal tuition teaching and the guaranteed one. Imagine $3000 PER subj! Don't think will take up this.

Anyone in the guaranteed program mind sharing your experience and feedback pls? Any difference in the methodology or materials? Anything special from the normal ones?

Thank you.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby DinoMum » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm

ppnqq wrote:But are we allowed to pay by installment? Is it really worth to pay the membership (that means don't have to pay monthly fee anymore?)? I mean, what if half way through the program I don't find it good and wanted to withdraw my child out?

So you are all taking the normal tuition class, right? Wonder what is the difference btw their normal tuition teaching and the guaranteed one. Imagine $3000 PER subj! Don't think will take up this.

Anyone in the guaranteed program mind sharing your experience and feedback pls? Any difference in the methodology or materials? Anything special from the normal ones?

Thank you.

I just read up about the guaranteed programme thingy and called them up to ask.. The money stated in their website for the guaranteed programme is for a whole year, no matter when you start the class, you are still paying that full amount.. If our children do not get the "agreed" grades, they will have a 100% refund to us. I think that explains the difference in fee. Think is the 100% refund portion.. Those parents interested, maybe you all can call in to enquire.. I am not veri sure.. Lolz..

For my membership programme with smartlab, I was made to understand that if in any point of time we are going to terminate, they will pro-rate the lessons according to the normal fees for the subjects we took and refund us the balance.. That is why I signed up.. Yes, I paid in installments at a small admin fee.. After the installments, I do not need to pay anything else for the membership period.. This one i am quite sure.. Hahaha..

DinoMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary