SmartLab - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
AgonyMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: SmartLab - Discussion

Post by AgonyMum » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi Happymum40, thanks for your reply! I am concerned as there seems not to be anyone enrolled in the centre. Was told they need 2 pupils to start a class but till now, nobody has signed up. So, was wondering if there is anything wrong with this Woodlands branch.
Could you share a little more about your child's teacher at this branch and her learning experience? Thanks very much!

happymum40
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by happymum40 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:42 pm

AgonyMum wrote:Hi Happymum40, thanks for your reply! I am concerned as there seems not to be anyone enrolled in the centre. Was told they need 2 pupils to start a class but till now, nobody has signed up. So, was wondering if there is anything wrong with this Woodlands branch.
Could you share a little more about your child's teacher at this branch and her learning experience? Thanks very much!
Hi AgonyMum,
Initially she felt slightly apprehensive about joining Smartlab at Woodlands but after taking few trial lessons, she was able to solve problems at ease. Her teacher was able to make the lesson fun and engaging. I find the teachers are able to clarify any doubts that she has and also willing to spend extra time for lessons.

PlayfulFairy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by PlayfulFairy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Anyone has experience to share for the SmartLab at Jurong East?

edjen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by edjen » Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi, like to know more the jurong east branch too? Anyone can share ?

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by micollh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am

DaddysLove wrote:Few years ago, I put my eldest child in SmartLab and his results were good, last time he failed his sciences, after the tuition, he scored distinction. Now, my younger child is also in the programme, so far so good, mid year results was not bad, hope can push up to A1 ^^" Was thinking to sign up for their Results Guaranteed Programme since they offered it for P5 to J2 final year exam now. If my child did not get the grade, they will provide a 100% refund.

What I like about SmartLab is that they instil confidence in my child, my eldest child used to give up whenever he encounter problem and not much patience but now, he is doing well not only academically but also in life aspect. Hope my naughty younger one will learn more there.
wonder how they manage to do that "guarantee" mind sharing the fees? just once a week, they can guarantee? im tempted

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by micollh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:19 am

is it we need to enroll both maths & science together or can do one subject only? as the timetable show both subjects

SmartLab
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by SmartLab » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:36 pm

micollh wrote:is it we need to enroll both maths & science together or can do one subject only? as the timetable show both subjects
Hi, it depends on which level :) For Result Guaranteed Programme, it starts from P5 onwards.. :lol:

alibaba
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

SmartLab - Discussion (P3)

Post by alibaba » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:51 am

Hi parents,
Can anyone share about P3 math/Sci class at Hougang or Bishan? Is the class able to cover for both subject within 1.5hr?

Yong HL
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Yong HL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 am

I was told for Sec1 science class, the 8 students in same class will be doing different topics according to what their school is currently teaching. I cant help but wonder how the tutor can handle different topics in 1.5hr to ensure learning takes place indeed? Appreciate parents' sharings, thank you :)

superdiamond
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by superdiamond » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:55 am

After all the positive review on smartlab. I decided to bring my DD for a P5 trial class on Sat morning at 10am.
Went to the location where she is supposed to have class. We arrived at 9.55am
There was no one there. No reception, no teacher in some underground bomb shelter which is badly lighted and quiet. Its pretty scary.
I called their office and mobile number continuously but no one seem to answer. I saw a one young girl and their domestic helper there waiting for the someone. Personally I will not send my child to such places for classes. I will not exchange the safety of my child even for grades.