Aspire Hub - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Aspire Hub Education Pte Ltd

Postby titank » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Anyone have any feedback on this training centre?

Aspire Hub Education Pte Ltd
http://www.aspirehub.com/

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Aspire Hub - Discussion

Postby Beastquest » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi!

Would just like to ask for feedback regarding Aspire Hub? I am looking for Chinese and English tuition services near our neighborhood and it just so happen that Aspire Hub opened a new centre near our place. They say they have a group tuition of 1 teacher per 6 students max and they focus on strengthening the weak points of the child. I have kids who will be going to P5 and P3 next year by the way and I was hoping to strengthen their oral and composition writing. My kids are basically smart kids who need just a little bit of a push since they have slided down to Band 2 from Band 1 due to their oral and compo results.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Aspire Hub's fees are not so cheap so I would like to know whether they are really worth the money (around 577 bucks per term for Chinese P5).

Thanks so much!

~ Beastquest ~

Beastquest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Aspire Hub

Postby titank » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Beastquest wrote:Hi!

Would just like to ask for feedback regarding Aspire Hub? I am looking for Chinese and English tuition services near our neighborhood and it just so happen that Aspire Hub opened a new centre near our place. They say they have a group tuition of 1 teacher per 6 students max and they focus on strengthening the weak points of the child. I have kids who will be going to P5 and P3 next year by the way and I was hoping to strengthen their oral and composition writing. My kids are basically smart kids who need just a little bit of a push since they have slided down to Band 2 from Band 1 due to their oral and compo results.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Aspire Hub's fees are not so cheap so I would like to know whether they are really worth the money (around 577 bucks per term for Chinese P5).

Thanks so much!

~ Beastquest ~

Somewhere in Aug I also did ask for feedback & review on this centre but that is no reply.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... aspire+hub

Are you sure the maximum group size is 1:6? What I know is 1:10.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Beastquest » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:29 pm

They have just opened a centre in Nex mall so I don't really have a basis on the teacher student ratio. This is only based on what they have told me when I went there this week to inquire on their courses.

Beastquest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Clover93982A » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Beastquest wrote:They have just opened a centre in Nex mall so I don't really have a basis on the teacher student ratio. This is only based on what they have told me when I went there this week to inquire on their courses.

Was there this week too. Looking for A level GP. They told me ratio for A level is 1:4 and Secondary is 1: 6. Fee no cheap, but not sure if they are good

Clover93982A
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby titank » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Their fees seem rather steep & I also would not go commit if there is no good review about the training centre.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

good

Postby mimi1993 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 pm

yeap, aspire hub is really good. I used to be a F9 students for amaths in my whole of secondary 5 but after i join aspire hub and go for intensive tuition, i got B3 for my amaths during O's :) Even my teacher couldnt believe it. HAHAHHAHAHAA. and hor, cause secondary school i took combined humanities and my combiend humanities isnt that good, always score around b4~c5. but after going for their ss tuition for like 3 months, i scored a B3 during O level :) so happy!!! anw, i think aspire hub have trial lesson. can go and try it out before you make a decision.

mimi1993
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

quality of teaching

Postby call a spade a spade » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 pm

aspire hub has a very small team of teachers who are good (and they are very thinly spread since the company seems to be suddenly opening a number of branches all over singapore) and the rest are really just warm bodies... so it's really up to one's luck if you get a good, mediocre or even downright lousy tutor.
The teaching's done round robin style and there's no real central resources unit so, the quality of results really depends on the quality of the tutors.
Students go into class and let the tutor know which topic they want help in and they are assigned relevant questions to do while the tutor then goes around to help other students before coming back to check on them. So, essentially, you are paying for 2hours but only about an hour at most, of attention.
They may claim 1-6 ratio but I've heard of tutors conducting a class with 9 pupils in one time slot...

call a spade a spade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: quality of teaching

Postby titank » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:48 am

call a spade a spade wrote:aspire hub has a very small team of teachers who are good (and they are very thinly spread since the company seems to be suddenly opening a number of branches all over singapore) and the rest are really just warm bodies... so it's really up to one's luck if you get a good, mediocre or even downright lousy tutor.
The teaching's done round robin style and there's no real central resources unit so, the quality of results really depends on the quality of the tutors.
Students go into class and let the tutor know which topic they want help in and they are assigned relevant questions to do while the tutor then goes around to help other students before coming back to check on them. So, essentially, you are paying for 2hours but only about an hour at most, of attention.
They may claim 1-6 ratio but I've heard of tutors conducting a class with 9 pupils in one time slot...

They told me max is 1:10 ratio, never heard there is 1:6 ratio! :!:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby call a spade a spade » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:09 am

I guess they are telling different pple different things then. :roll:

call a spade a spade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary