Comparing Tuition Centres

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
sunnysunflower00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Comparing Tuition Centres

Post by sunnysunflower00 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:48 am

Maltida wrote:I will like to give review to a tuition centre lil but mighty tuition centre. I do a lot of research for English tuition centre and finally came across this centre.
Who knows I am so disappointed with the centre or should I say the teacher. The teacher taught my son wrongly and he got mistake for his school work I got to know when I go through with him and he show me what the teacher in the centre had taught then I realise. so disappointed and the fee is not cheap
:moneyflies:
What was the error? From what I see, they seemed to be good in English?

Lilyang805
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lilyang805 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Personally i would still prefer my daughters to be going for home tuition as its more convienent and 1 to 1 attention. If u have the budget i would recommend Ms Janel she is really amazing she brought my younger daughter p5 from never pass maths before to 70s almost an A and science from 60s to 83%. And my elder daughter who is having p6 this year also improved greatly. We gotten her contact from my sister whose son improved tremendously with her help even though he some learning difficulties.

highly recommend Janel as an educational tutor. Our two children have worked with Janel and really benefited. Her number is 83187919. Her rates are around $40-50/h and flat from pri to sec 4. But amazing results achieved. But i think she dun teach in the west other places are fine. Can call to find out more :celebrate:

Ah-Mao
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ah-Mao » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Any comment for the Writing Samurai Online tuition course?

Going to sign up my P6 boy for creative writing soon...

Ah-Mao
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ah-Mao » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 am

Ah-Mao wrote:Any comment for the Writing Samurai Online tuition course?

Going to sign up my P6 boy for creative writing soon...
Anybody can share experiences, if tried before...

Thank you.

funnygummyyummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by funnygummyyummy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 am

I heard someone saying most tuition centres providing free trial. Apparently sent her son and cycled through all these free tuition for 3 months. Only problem is need to chauffeur to the location of these centres. Not sure if it's unethical and these centres share record of trial students too? Anyone here do the same?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:325

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:55 am

funnygummyyummy wrote:I heard someone saying most tuition centres providing free trial. Apparently sent her son and cycled through all these free tuition for 3 months. Only problem is need to chauffeur to the location of these centres. Not sure if it's unethical and these centres share record of trial students too? Anyone here do the same?
Goodness. Here I am complaining about too much running around for my kids' tuition. I don't think this is good for kids in the long term. Is the objective for the child to benefit from the activity, or just to take advantage of the fact that it is free?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:186

Post by zac's mum » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am

funnygummyyummy wrote:I heard someone saying most tuition centres providing free trial. Apparently sent her son and cycled through all these free tuition for 3 months. Only problem is need to chauffeur to the location of these centres. Not sure if it's unethical and these centres share record of trial students too? Anyone here do the same?
Why is it unethical? :scratchhead:

Not every centre provides free trial. Some are paid trial. But if someone wants to try all the free trial centers to see which is the best fit for their child, I think that’s their prerogative. Having to adapt to a new environment and new faces and different materials every single week, it’s not easy on the child either. I have some friends shopping around for the best quality for the best price for Chinese tuition, with so many options out there in the market, we need time to find out which one works too.

Poppypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Poppypie » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 am

This is the first time I heard of someone doing that. I guess it's not good to keep changing teacher. It's a waste of their own time too.

Lavender123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Lavender123 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 am

I have narrowed down 2 tuition centres but I am still deciding on which one to choose. One of them is near the school and the other one is in town area...both of them are recommended by parents and both of them seemed not bad. Any advice on which one should I choose?

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am

The learning environment and the activities conducted at Xin Zhong Wen, makes my DS enjoy all his lessons. Finding a school to leave your precious child for a day is not a decision parents make lightly, but we're glad we found XZW. The teachers here are truly kind but yet stern when disciplining with kids. This is one of the reasons why we chose Xin Zhong Wen.