Comparing Tuition Centres

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
mummyxoxo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Comparing Tuition Centres

Post by mummyxoxo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Two different classes for physics and chemistry.

Simplified
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Simplified » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:10 am

titank wrote:How is the approach for Learning Point Science? Anyone have child from Learning Point Science? :imcool:
saw some children at Learning Point Thomson Plaza carried home terrapins as take-home learning.
looks hands-on. I am recommending my niece to take this P2 Science to get them exposed and yet having fun: http://learningpoint.com.sg/science-programme

any other info from other parents?

smurfy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by smurfy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Simplified wrote:
titank wrote:How is the approach for Learning Point Science? Anyone have child from Learning Point Science? :imcool:
saw some children at Learning Point Thomson Plaza carried home terrapins as take-home learning.
looks hands-on. I am recommending my niece to take this P2 Science to get them exposed and yet having fun: http://learningpoint.com.sg/science-programme

any other info from other parents?
I saw that as well. I was telling my kids.... I find that very irresponsible of the centre.. what are they expected to learn from the terrapins?? how to look after them? what happens when the kids get bored with them? they have long life.. so the kids let them into the reservoirs and ponds to disrupt the ecosystem?

cafemug
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cafemug » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:39 pm

Totally agree with u Smurfy.
My two sliders. Bought them 20 years ago and they are still stuck in my home. Theres no suitable place to release them in SG as they are not native animals.
It is indeed very irresponsible of the tuition centre to let kids bring home pets.

Confusedmommy11
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Confusedmommy11 » Sun May 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Agreed . The kids will not have the knowledge of taking care of animals. Personally I don't have a good feel of learning point. I've placed my girl with them for Eng classes but their attitude isn't so good so I withdraw.

Neelima
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Neelima » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:07 pm

You can try online tutoring sites as well. There is a number of good online tutors are available on net. Tutorcomp.com is one among them and i have tried it for my son. there you will get good tutors for subjects like maths, science tutors just for Rs.375.Along with this they are offering a free demo session to students as well.

LGBTeacher
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LGBTeacher » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Confusedmommy11 wrote:Agreed . The kids will not have the knowledge of taking care of animals. Personally I don't have a good feel of learning point. I've placed my girl with them for Eng classes but their attitude isn't so good so I withdraw.
Any advice on where to go for Eng and Science P6?

passioninlearning
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:4

Post by passioninlearning » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:38 am

Feel free to take a look at my website and contact me if you need any help.

Regards
Eric
passioninlearning.wordpress.com

VeryTiredParent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by VeryTiredParent » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:28 pm

is there any good one for jc Mathematics in bishan/AMK? Need to brush up Maths. j1. TIA!

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by kitty2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:03 pm

VeryTiredParent wrote:is there any good one for jc Mathematics in bishan/AMK? Need to brush up Maths. j1. TIA!

You have PM