Comparing Tuition Centres

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
cheryllimlol
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Comparing Tuition Centres

Post by cheryllimlol » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey kiasuparents... just wanted to hear your two cents worth on this topic. I have been trying to navigate tuition agencies like smarttuition, acetutors, etc etc but find it very annoying/uncomfortable that i have to wait for someone to reach out to me to select a list of tutors based on my preferences (by the way, the list provided is also not good and not tailored to my needs..).

Anybody knows of a tuition agency that provides me with database of tutors and one that allows me to contact them directly? Something like an airbnb for tuition....

Thnks. P/S learning to be a mom...

Joy of Learning 111
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:20

Post by Joy of Learning 111 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:25 pm

cheryllimlol wrote:Hey kiasuparents... just wanted to hear your two cents worth on this topic. I have been trying to navigate tuition agencies like smarttuition, acetutors, etc etc but find it very annoying/uncomfortable that i have to wait for someone to reach out to me to select a list of tutors based on my preferences (by the way, the list provided is also not good and not tailored to my needs..).

Anybody knows of a tuition agency that provides me with database of tutors and one that allows me to contact them directly? Something like an airbnb for tuition....

Thnks. P/S learning to be a mom...
There are threads on kiasuparents.com where you can request for a tutor. Give some details such as level, subject and area, and several tutors and agencies will probably respond.

terence475
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by terence475 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:11 am

Have anyone heard of learning axis tuition center located at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10? Trying to figure out if any parents have got any comments on this center.

formervp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by formervp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi there parents. I am keen to find out what exactly you are looking for in enrichment and tuition for your children? I am a former educator and I have been in discussion with some ex colleagues at how we want to provide a revolutionary way of teaching and improving children's abilities and capabilities by offering something that is not out there yet.

There are so many types of enrichment centres or programmes from making children into super believers and champions, high scorers in subjects, with great mindsets to conquer all in their examinations. Some I personally believe in while others I am sceptical.

So if you can spare some time please let me know how and what matters to you as parents in your search for the ultimate guide to grooming your children to become the best that they can be. Thank you.

waggie21
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by waggie21 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 am

Hi parents,
Anyone send their kids to Edufirst Lerning centre at Hougang for secondary level?
Please share your views.
Thanks

Renz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Renz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:52 am

Hi, any feedback about Secondary One level tuition at Stalford or Mavis -Compass One,Sengkang?

kellylim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kellylim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:47 pm

My daughter will be P6 on next year. Could anyone please advise which one tuition center is best for math? Every kind advise would be very much appreciated.
:thankyou:

Wendypow65
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Wendypow65 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:53 pm

My 4 children have been under this tutor by the name of Jocelyn. She has got 7 yrs of experience with good credentials and is a master degree holder. She is very versatile and patient, probably because she has got 2 autistic brothers. Hence, her way of teaching is also very flexible and she's able to change to cater to the needs or style of each student, be it Primary, Secondary or JC level. Her rates are quite justifiable given the results she can produce. But as she is a full time aerospace engineer, she has got limited timeslots given that she has quite a number of students on hand.
Do contact her at 94599570 if you're interested.

Mama123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Mama123 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am

Anyone has reviews for Intellicat tuition centre at serangoon rd? Or the Writing Samurai online creative writing programme?

cookiemomster
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cookiemomster » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi parents,

Anyone have any recommendations for good tuition centres teaching IB? Would like to enrol my daughter in one since her recent grades are not that good.