Comparing Tuition Centres

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.
NuttyPands
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Comparing Tuition Centres

Post by NuttyPands » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi parents,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good private tutor for English and Science at the primary level? Bukit Timah area and preference for the tuition to be held at our home. Thanks in advance!

MCC2 parent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MCC2 parent » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi Mama123,

I'm also checking is there any review on Writing Samurai? The review is not based on the online programme but more to the classroom setup on the Creative Writing course. Any review? Also how about other subject eg. Math and Science from Grade Solution which is also same partner with Writing Samurai.

LucyL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by LucyL » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 am

I appreciate the various platform The Learning Lab has made and also the teachers in TLL for going an extra mile to help their students.They make everything easy for the parents to pay the payment lessons or arrange replacement classes without going down to their centres because they created online portal. That is why my daughter always look forward to her classes every week because of her teacher who always make an extra effort and arrangement to coach her after classes, even on the days she does not teach.

gaagaa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by gaagaa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Hi EasyLifegg, did you sign up with TSS after the visit? If yes, which subject your children sign up and care to share how is their teaching so far? Thank you!

AnneS
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by AnneS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:54 am

I would recommend The learning lab to any parents.Our daughter has flourished in the school. The exploratory play based learning suited her well. She enjoyed going to school everyday and playing with her friends as well as learning from the teachers.

Maltida
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Maltida » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:20 am

I will like to give review to a tuition centre lil but mighty tuition centre. I do a lot of research for English tuition centre and finally came across this centre.
Who knows I am so disappointed with the centre or should I say the teacher. The teacher taught my son wrongly and he got mistake for his school work I got to know when I go through with him and he show me what the teacher in the centre had taught then I realise. so disappointed and the fee is not cheap
:moneyflies:

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by cherrygal » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Anyone tried Gavin tuition centre at upper Thomson? Fees are not cheap so would appreciate any feedback or review. Thanks

Maltida
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Maltida » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 am

AnneS wrote:I would recommend The learning lab to any parents.Our daughter has flourished in the school. The exploratory play based learning suited her well. She enjoyed going to school everyday and playing with her friends as well as learning from the teachers.
Hi may I know how long have your child with The learning lab?

joann_toh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by joann_toh » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 am

Hi,

Anyone has reviews on GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) Enrichment Cente.

Thanks.

FindHomeTuition
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Comparing tuition centres

Post by FindHomeTuition » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm

I think comparisons with tuition centres should be on a few fronts,

1. Rates (naturally a consideration as group tuition should not be too costly)
2. Quality of the teachers (some centres are focused on their super tutors)
3. Suitability (some centres teach curriculum that follows some schools but not others)
4. Resources (do they have access to current year papers? other schools papers?)
5. Improvements in grades of your DS/DD