The Learning Museum - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

The Learning Museum - Discussion

Postby MikShar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi

Anyone heard of The Learning Museum located at Tiong Bahru? Am thinking of sending DS for their English n Maths classes.

MikShar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: The Learning Museum

Postby worrisome_dad » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 pm

My daughter has been under this Math Teacher, miss mok for 2 years and my wife is extremely pleased with her as there are not many teachers in this market who can teach Conquer & Olympiad math and even upper primary math. She make her best effort to call my wife weekly to update on our daughter's progress in her class. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion as I have had bad experiences with my previous tutors. It was a waste of time & money when we finally discovered that not all tutors can teach math, even if they marketed themselves very well. It was very tough sourcing for a permanent teacher for my girl who needs urgent help to see her through to PSLE. Not sure about other teachers in this centre, but we know some of them has masters and had taught in MOE for a few years as HODs. If you are looking for NIE-trained School Teachers, here may be the correct place to explore as to whether this centre suits you.

worrisome_dad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby notknow11 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

i sms them on any maths class for p1
no reply yet

notknow11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MikShar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks for the ffedback, worrisome_dad. Son will b starting Tom, English followed by Maths. Timing suits me as I don't have to ferry him around for diff classes. The English is new class as existing one is full n the lady told me teacher in-charge is an ex- HOD. Hopefully Maths class will be under miss mok ;)

@notknow11, try calling them. It takes awhile for them to reply via SMS.

MikShar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby worrisome_dad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 pm

@MikShar, most welcome.

worrisome_dad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Taurus » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

worrisome_dad wrote:My daughter has been under this Math Teacher, miss mok for 2 years and my wife is extremely pleased with her as there are not many teachers in this market who can teach Conquer & Olympiad math and even upper primary math. She make her best effort to call my wife weekly to update on our daughter's progress in her class. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion as I have had bad experiences with my previous tutors. It was a waste of time & money when we finally discovered that not all tutors can teach math, even if they marketed themselves very well. It was very tough sourcing for a permanent teacher for my girl who needs urgent help to see her through to PSLE. Not sure about other teachers in this centre, but we know some of them has masters and had taught in MOE for a few years as HODs. If you are looking for NIE-trained School Teachers, here may be the correct place to explore as to whether this centre suits you.

hi, can i hv the add or contact no of the centre? thks

Taurus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MikShar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 pm

They can be contacted @8388 5232. Feedback from son after first lesson is positive :)

MikShar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Taurus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 am

MikShar wrote:They can be contacted @8388 5232. Feedback from son after first lesson is positive :)

Thanks a lot :smile:

Taurus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby chocpockie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm

hi parents

Are there any more feedback about this centre? Do you see improvements in your child after attending their lessons?

I am thinking of enrolling for their p1 english and math class.. I am more interested in weekday classes but they said currently don't have. Maybe next year they may consider.
Last edited by chocpockie on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocpockie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chocpockie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 pm

hi parents

Are there any more feedback about this centre? Do you see improvements in your child after attending their lessons?

I am thinking of enrolling for their p1 english and math class. Heard most of their students are from RVPS. I am more interested in weekday classes but they said currently don't have. Maybe next year they may consider.

chocpockie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary