Mavis Tutorial Centre - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Mavis Tutorial Centre - Discussion

Postby Ljas1370 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi Chief Kiasu & All Parents,

Have anyone heard of this tution centre before. I would like to have some feedback. Many thanks.

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Mavis Tutorial Centre

Postby auntieM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Any feedback from parents with kids attending classes at Marine Parade branch greatly appreciated..
Sei sei :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby blueblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

I feel that the teacher student ratio is too big. Used to study there last time. Not so sure if they make any changs. Maybe both of u can check on it.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hashroop » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi I'm looking at Mavis Tuiton Centre..a friend recommended it's good. Other view from KS will be great before I decide pls.. Thx
p/s DS is in p5

hashroop
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hashroop » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Can someone pls advise how is Mavis Tuition Centre is like?
I am thinking of sending DSP5 to this centre but I need feedbacks pls if they are good..thx

hashroop
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schweppes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm

blueblue wrote:I feel that the teacher student ratio is too big. Used to study there last time. Not so sure if they make any changs. Maybe both of u can check on it.

I agree with blueblue that the teacher-student ratio is big. I'm sure the teachers and teaching methods are good but not sure if it is suitable for all students with varying abilities.

Used to send my dd1 there a few years back. The teacher was a former MOE school teacher and the worksheets were carefully prepared and designed. Hw, as my dd was weak in Maths, I did not think that the delivery style suited her. The pace was too fast and the teachers may have little time for weaker students.

In the end, took her out as I felt that her learning style was not suited for a classroom teaching environment. She benefitted more from one-to-one coaching or small group tution (maybe 4 students in a group).

However, if your child is above average in school and just wants additional coaching to practise on challenging questions, then Mavis wd be good for such students.

JMHO :celebrate:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tutormum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 pm

IMHO, it's the same with any other schools or tuition centres, that is, there will be some good and not so good teachers. Heard that there was a very good teacher in the centre and lots of parents put their children on "waiting list". In other words, parents seek out this teacher and adjust their schedule according to the teacher's availability. Don't ask me who's the teacher cos I heard only hor.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hashroop » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Gee..thx. My p5 DS is ok ok in maths but he is not capable of the challenging sums..what i will do is drop by this weekend at one of the centres and see what they offer. I tried to visit website but "under construction" !

Thx

hashroop
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Website is up

Postby verxs » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

I think their website is up.

www.mavistutorial.com

Looks like they have some interesting Science lessons. Anyone tried this centre for Science?

verxs
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hashroop » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey verxs..thx. I enrolled my DS in Sengkang centre and yes their Science lessons are very interesting. DS never use to like Science but he does now especially after his day. Science teacher did pratical lesson on chicks hatching..now tats cool.

hashroop
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary