Edufarm Learning Centre - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Edufarm Learning Centre - Discussion

Postby Sing » Tue May 13, 2008 11:06 am

Anyone heard of Edufarm Learning Centre @ Jurong West ? or any of your kids are there? I need some advise before deciding to send my little princess there.

Sing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby oxl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Are you referring to Star Tots playgroup at Blk 260, Boon Lay? It is a new centre.

They're now open for registration and starting new classes on 7 July 2008. Perhaps you can contact them to view the facilities?

oxl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Edufarm

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm

//Moderator's note: Topics merged.

Hi,

Has anyone tried the programmes at Edufarm centre like their phonics classes?

I am surprised it is substantially cheaper than all others like ICR, Learning Point and even Phonicscanread.

It's only $145 a term??

Chieft Kiasu,

Can you shed any light on this? Now I feel really ripped off.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby looney » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 pm

it seems tt this sch hor...always will put our name under waiting list..hv been waiting for more than 9mths..n thus i decide to give up on this sch..

looney
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:52 pm

looney wrote:it seems tt this sch hor...always will put our name under waiting list..hv been waiting for more than 9mths..n thus i decide to give up on this sch..

maybe its because they are so cheap? But the question is why?

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby looney » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:19 am

kaitlynangelica wrote:
looney wrote:it seems tt this sch hor...always will put our name under waiting list..hv been waiting for more than 9mths..n thus i decide to give up on this sch..

maybe its because they are so cheap? But the question is why?

:oops: forget to read ur question properly...
I think tt becos as their website mention lor..they dun hire administrative staffs to handle our registration at the counter.

Quote from edufarm website:
Other tuition centres have administration counters to serve but you have to pay more in course fees to pay their salaries.

By not paying more to hire staffs to handle your registration, we pass on the savings in tuition fees to you.
That's why.

so i think maybe tt was the reason y the sch fee is so cheap :D

looney
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 am

looney wrote: :oops: forget to read ur question properly...
I think tt becos as their website mention lor..they dun hire administrative staffs to handle our registration at the counter.

Quote from edufarm website:
Other tuition centres have administration counters to serve but you have to pay more in course fees to pay their salaries.

By not paying more to hire staffs to handle your registration, we pass on the savings in tuition fees to you.
That's why.

so i think maybe tt was the reason y the sch fee is so cheap :D

ermmm. but how is the quality of their teaching?

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby looney » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 am

For the quality wise..this one har..then i duno liao.cos they put me under waiting list for so many mth oso nv contact me..n so far all most fren who oso put their child under waiting list one....oso haben been call to inform on the lesson be starting soon :?

looney
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:23 am

A few months back, I called. The person who picked up the phone said their teachers are full time tutors. Wouldn't you want someone who are retired or ex-sch teachers?

I realise all different blocks of same estate have same time slot. When I asked why, he said that 2 of them no people, only 1 block. So demand is not there.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi,

My 5 year old is attending his Purely Art Class for 1 term now.

It's true that you need to be put under waiting list. I was on waiting list then because the staff said they need to meet the minimum number of students before the class can start. But being a super-persistent mum who wants value-for-$$, I call every week to ask.

I was lucky enough. 3 weeks after my enquiry calls, they sent me an sms to inform about the start of this art class and whether I want to be registered for the class.

My boy's first art lesson was good, they drew watermelons using crayons. He was taught about drawing 3D watermelons with shadow effect. I was impressed. Hmm... however, by his 3rd lesson, another art teacher took over and the art pieces he created was like :roll: . Immediately, I feedback to that art teacher using sms and it improved since. He is finishing his first term and I will continue him for the 2nd term.

I'm right now on waiting list for my 17-month-old for the 2 hour playground with Edufarm. Will be calling them again Oct every week to check. So, you might wanna consider this strategy.

I realised that they don't have a system in place and they will scribble your number somewhere. And that means, the contact number that you gave might be lost at the end of the day. You should win this with persistence and call them to ensure your name is REALLY in the waiting list.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary