Adam Khoo Learning Centre - Discussion

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Adam Khoo Learning Centre - Discussion

Postby Mummy of Two » Wed May 13, 2009 11:55 am

Hi all

Does anyone send their children to the centre for the camp or academic tuition. I understand that they have 'I'm Gifted, so are you' camp at Keppel Tower and also English Mastery n Math Mastery at Novena Square.

My elder son is in S2 (NT). A lot of ppl said that he's a smart boy but he dun like to study. I'm not forcing him to study but as a mum, I would like to help him as much as I can. I brought him down for the workshop at Keppel Tower and he is interested in the camp. But I'm not sure if he can really benefit or rather will he put into practise after the camp.

My younger son is in P2 this year. His result is just bottomline and I'm worried as times goes by, it will be even more difficult for him.

I like to seek advise from parents who have experience like me or have send their children for the camp or course to give me your feedback or advise.

Thanks a lot

Mummy of Two
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Adam Khoo Learning Centre

Postby lymmlim » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Original Title: Adam Khoo Learning Center - Math Mastery

Hi,

Does anyone attended before on Adam Khoo - Math Mastery program for primary level ? Any feedback to share.

My son will be in P5 next year. I think should start to gear him up after hearing the difficuties of this year PSLE maths paper.

Thanks.

lymmlim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Neo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 am

Hi Lymm,

I actually enrolled my P5 boy at adam khoo learning center. At first, I didnt see results for 1st 2 terms but they assured me that each student have different learning speed. Luckily i stayed on cuz my boy scored 80+ in his exam compared to the 50 marks he got.

I also liked that the service was quite personalized
could feel that the teacher and staff really care.
will be enrolling my P3 girl for the new year too.

hope this helps

Neo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Neo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:47 am

hihi

my p5 boy is at adam khoo learning center. have heard about i am gifted camp but i think that he is motivated in the center. (always cant wait to go for class)

i heard that they have a preview on weekends, maybe can go and take a look

Neo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lymmlim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Neo,

Thanks for your input. Will go down to Novena to check it out.

I think is a good idea to sign up the holiday camp before comitt to regular lesson. Are you able to share about their teaching method ? Was it diff from other tuition center and school ?

Thanks.

Lymm

lymmlim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Neo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 pm

well, judging from the worksheets he bought back, it was full of questions that even I couldnt solve. i think they do follow moe curriculum just that they have their methods to help solve those difficult questions. he seems to like all this challenging qns

i have a friend who is signing up her child for the headstart programme. maybe its useful for kids

Neo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Maths Mastery

Postby annonyParents » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:34 am

Hi.
My son in that centre and he seems to like Maths ever since he had been sent to the centre. He had been in that centre for quite a few months.
Now, everytime I sees him do his Maths question, he is not as frustrated as before.
Once I had asked him , "You like Maths now?" and he said yes coz it is easy now.
I was impressed, and yes I agree that I can sense the care from the trainers there.

annonyParents
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Dreamybee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:10 pm

I am embarrassed to say that I used to be a tutor(I have students who scored straight As and top the school) However, I gave up tutoring and concentrate on selling properties instead now as I cannot coach my twins well..

They are around 70% for Pri5 now. But they are very weak in Maths else they could have scored better! I felt depressed that I am unable to help them further. Its true that its very difficult to teach yr own kids...

They will be having PSLE next yr. I am very worried. Is Adam Khoo really gd? How is the fees like? R they affordable?

My twins form teacher had diagnosed one of them in having phobia for Maths. We had worked hand in hand together but still of no use....

Hope all of you can advise further...Tks alot...

Dreamybee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

fees for enrichment lesson at Adam Khoo Learning Centre

Postby Easy-going » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 pm

hi
Does anyone know roughly the fees for the enrichment lesson for P3 english or Maths at Adam Khoo Learning Centre. I am considering to send my son there so that he can be motivated and at the same time learn some thing there. Help!

Easy-going
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:51 am

Hi,

Any feedback from those who attended the camp during the hols?

My 2 nephews did (p3 and p5). For the P3, his parents commented that he came back motivated. He spoke about setting goals and told my sil that he will do this and that. But kids being kids, when he was doing other stuff (eg. playing games) he eventually forgot those that he said he will do. So now the mind is motivated but the action does not correlate with the mind at this point. I thot it was a consolation that at least now the mind is thinking :?

My bil was telling me that they can go for a yearly revision (to refresh the concept again) and it is around $300 for that. He mentioned that it's good to start around P3/ P4 so that can enjoy 2-3 years of refresher at cheap rates. Also their fee include a 10 session ongoing course next year. :?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Multi-Disciplinary