Average of tution fees?

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that provides training on multiple subjects.

Average of tution fees?

Postby Sagow » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi i would like to know how much is the average of monthly fees for primar level per subject.

I send my son to a centre once a week for $55 per 1.5hours.
But i recently found out there is a centre for same subject that only charges $20per 1.5 hours lesson on another floor.
Student ratio about the same

The latter one is moe registered.
Does that affect price?
Also, does cheaper mean not very good teacher?

Please share experiences of expensive, less expensive teachers and how they differed. My opinion was that they teach from same books, they are not research professors, so what is the big differnce?

Thx

Sagow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Average of tution fees?

Postby mummyxoxo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:29 am

I think that how efficient (or supposedly efficient) the tutors teach will determine the tuition fees, at least this is applicable for private tutoring.

For tuition centre, it is probably more dependent on how strong their branding is, qualifications of their teachers and the demand of their service. These factors are applicable to private tutoring too.

mummyxoxo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby whassupminions » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Hmm I know of a tuition centre at east is offering $160 per month for pri level subject, that is about $40 per lesson (1.5 hours) and this centre is emphasizing small group learning. Some might even be cheaper like $20 per hour, but for your case ($20 per 1.5 hours) is the cheapest that i have ever heard of. Some centres price their fees according to their tutors' rate as well. I think the tutor is more experienced if their rate is higher? Haha :evil: Nevertheless, smaller group learning may be more effective to kids that are easily distracted.

whassupminions
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby nucleus80 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:52 am

Sagow wrote:Hi i would like to know how much is the average of monthly fees for primar level per subject.

I send my son to a centre once a week for $55 per 1.5hours.
But i recently found out there is a centre for same subject that only charges $20per 1.5 hours lesson on another floor.
Student ratio about the same

The latter one is moe registered.
Does that affect price?
Also, does cheaper mean not very good teacher?

Please share experiences of expensive, less expensive teachers and how they differed. My opinion was that they teach from same books, they are not research professors, so what is the big differnce?

Thx

I think $55 per hour you can get private tuition already, but that depends on which environment your kid prefer to learn in.. :)

nucleus80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Multi-Disciplinary