average 40/100 for MATH SA2

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that specialise in Mathematics.

average 40/100 for MATH SA2

Postby sally72 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:18 pm

I was shocked to know that my son's school (P5) MATH SA2 result :!:
only 5 pupils in his class passed their MATHS and average scored for whole P5 standard is only 40 marks

Pls share your view if you've kid in P5? and hows the school overall average?
and how to prepare 2010 PSLE Math

:?:

sally72
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby watmekiasu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 pm

I have heard some parents mention this "scare-tactic" technique practised by some schools on their P5 and P6 students. :x Perhaps that's what is happening in your ds school.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 am
Total Likes: 4


Postby sally72 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 am

Anyone knows about Norman Tien Math ?
Need expert to coach challenging MATHS questions! :wink:

sally72
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: average 40/100 for MATH SA2

Postby Mama Leong » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:18 pm

sally72 wrote:I was shocked to know that my son's school (P5) MATH SA2 result :!:
only 5 pupils in his class passed their MATHS and average scored for whole P5 standard is only 40 marks

Pls share your view if you've kid in P5? and hows the school overall average?
and how to prepare 2010 PSLE Math

:?:


What school is yr child in? Standard so high meh?

Mama Leong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: average 40/100 for MATH SA2

Postby James Ang » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 am

Mama Leong wrote:
sally72 wrote:I was shocked to know that my son's school (P5) MATH SA2 result :!:
only 5 pupils in his class passed their MATHS and average scored for whole P5 standard is only 40 marks

Pls share your view if you've kid in P5? and hows the school overall average?
and how to prepare 2010 PSLE Math

:?:


What school is yr child in? Standard so high meh?


I know Gongshang's mean is 44 after everyone gets 5 more marks.
St Hilda's is mean is 61+. I don't think Tampines Pri, Poi Ching, Tampines North is tough, must be GSPS! :D

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:22 pm
Total Likes: 1



Postby James Ang » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:51 am

watmekiasu wrote:I have heard some parents mention this "scare-tactic" technique practised by some schools on their P5 and P6 students. :x Perhaps that's what is happening in your ds school.


It is not scare tactics, this year's PSLE Maths is really tough, how can it be scare tactics, when challenging PSLE Maths is here to stay, so every student needs to pull up their socks.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:22 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby Kmumz » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 am

Ya I heard that some teachers could not do some of the questions, one of my friend's kid could remember a few qns and his mum who is a maths lecturer showed them to me. I took at least 20 mins to solve some of them!

Kmumz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:15 am
Total Likes: 0


2009 PSLE Math

Postby Bentan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Just heard from my student that he scored distinction for his PSLE Math. Ironically he did not complete "the 3 toughest questions" during PSLE.

This is a big suprise to his parents. However, I was not as surprised since this student has always been able to acheive the right speed at high concentration, which is the most important element for Math excellence.

Hope this serves as encouragement to all parents with children taking PSLE in 2010.

Bentan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 am
Total Likes: 0



Return to Mathematics