Phonics classes in Community Centres

Discussions on tuition centres/enrichment services that specialise in English.

Phonics classes in Community Centres

Postby Champion » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Dear Parents,
Like to check with you all whether anyone has send their child(ren) to any of the Community Centres for their phonics classes. Look up the www.one.pa.gov.sg website - seems like they have many classes to offer:-

1) K1 PHONICS AND READING BY WI:WIN
2) K1/K2 PHONICS READING BY SPENCER EDUCATIONAL SERVICE
3) K2 PHONICS AND READING BY BEK
4) K2 Phonics BY LE
5) Leapstart Phonics & Reading

Appreciate all inputs and advices from all parents; TIA :hi5:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8315
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 42


Re: Phonics classes in Community Centres

Postby mariadcruz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Champion wrote:Dear Parents,
Like to check with you all whether anyone has send their child(ren) to any of the Community Centres for their phonics classes. Look up the www.one.pa.gov.sg website - seems like they have many classes to offer:-

1) K1 PHONICS AND READING BY WI:WIN
2) K1/K2 PHONICS READING BY SPENCER EDUCATIONAL SERVICE
3) K2 PHONICS AND READING BY BEK
4) K2 Phonics BY LE
5) Leapstart Phonics & Reading

Appreciate all inputs and advices from all parents; TIA :hi5:


I would gladly give community centres a miss...
Pay peanuts, you get...
:)

mariadcruz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:42 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Phonics classes in Community Centres

Postby tamarind » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:49 pm

mariadcruz wrote:I would gladly give community centres a miss...
Pay peanuts, you get...
:)


I agree. Once I signed up my kids for a speech and drama class at CC, it was so bad that they attended 2 lessons then I gave up.

For phonics, it is very easy to teach at home, not necessary to send to classes, better to save the money.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3113
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:37 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Phonics classes in Community Centres

Postby titank » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Champion wrote:Dear Parents,
Like to check with you all whether anyone has send their child(ren) to any of the Community Centres for their phonics classes. Look up the www.one.pa.gov.sg website - seems like they have many classes to offer:-

1) K1 PHONICS AND READING BY WI:WIN
2) K1/K2 PHONICS READING BY SPENCER EDUCATIONAL SERVICE
3) K2 PHONICS AND READING BY BEK
4) K2 Phonics BY LE
5) Leapstart Phonics & Reading

Appreciate all inputs and advices from all parents; TIA :hi5:


I noticed that Phonics at CC you need to check whether is there contiuation after they complete certain program. Most of them like "Hit & Run" type where form 1 term & after that they said no more.

It would be wise to find other reading centre where you pay a bit more premium price.!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 am
Total Likes: 4


Postby laughingcat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm

don't waste time at community center. My gal friend's kids were from there and I don't see any improvement at all.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:01 am
Total Likes: 1



Postby Champion » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi All,
Thanks all parents here who give me the advise - Ok, will give C.C. the skip.

Again, just to say :thankyou:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8315
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 42


Phonics Class

Postby jancy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm

There is one being conducted at Blk 129 Bukit Merah View R.C. Which has been going on for years now...
So far have heard good reviews about it.
If anyone staying around there can enquire.
The contact number is pasted on the notice boards !

jancy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Phonics Class

Postby titank » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 am

jancy wrote:There is one being conducted at Blk 129 Bukit Merah View R.C. Which has been going on for years now...
So far have heard good reviews about it.
If anyone staying around there can enquire.
The contact number is pasted on the notice boards !


Bukit Merah View RC? Ok maybe would go check it out since it is so near my place! :?:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 am
Total Likes: 4


Phonics Class

Postby jancy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Yes at Blk 129 Bukit Merah View Zone 'B' R.C.

jancy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to English