Games for the brain sound like a good idea, train your brain! – It’s fun to be intelligent!
But are they really or are they just a waste of time?
We hear a lot about the negative impacts of children playing too many video games, so you must be wondering… why would games for the brain can be good.
Everything in moderation of course, but read on to discover 10 reasons to incorporate brain games into your daily workout routine:
1) Brain exercise – Brain games challenge our language, math and problem-solving skills in ways that we may not otherwise find in our daily routine.
2) Verbal Skills – Language based brain games help keep your vocabulary strong. Games for the brain that encourage word finding are particularly beneficial.
3) Creativity – Some brain games help stimulate right-brain thinking. Look for games for the brain that include open-ended problem solving activities. Think outside the box to solve problem. At Shirsa, one of our favorites is Color Switch – give it a try.
4) Memory Skills – Research shows that short-term memory skills can be improved by playing games for the brain. Short-term memory skills can fade without stimulation as we age. Practice holding new information in your mind and recalling it back. Play games like Memorica, Memorica swing, Word Bubble to give your memory a workout.
5) Socialization – Not all games for the brain need to be played on the computer. Find a friend and get out a deck of cards or the Scrabble board. Enjoy socializing while you play.
6) Change is good for the brain – Exposing your brain to a variety of cognitive tasks including online games for the brain can help support neuron growth in the brain. Novel exercises are key, so change up your crossword puzzle and opt for more mathematical, language, novel games with Shirsa for twice or thrice a week.
7) Hand eye coordination – Studies show that surgeons who played games for the brain a few hours a week had improved accuracy and efficiency during surgery.
8) Stress Relief – Taking a short break to tackle a fun challenge can help you relax and provide a brief distraction from your current frustrations.
9) Pure Fun – Breaking away from your daily work to have fun is both good for your brain and offers you something to look forward to. Use game time as a reward for completing your current task.
10) Not so costly – There are many good brain games available online or with a simple deck of cards. Building a brain-healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to buy costly package. Work to make small changes each day and enjoy some exercises with Shrisa
Games Are Good For Brain - 10 Reasons To Play!
This sub-forum contains discussions by the community on tuition centres/enrichment services that specialise in Brain Training & Thinking Skills.