Kid's mobile phone - how to prevent loss

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
KSEducation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re:

Post by KSEducation » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Guest wrote:Our school allows mobile phone as long as it is registered with the school. The school will tag the phone.

It is put on silent mode all the time. Good for doing sms & emergency situations.

As for lowering the possibility of loss, keep a low profile that she owns one. Also we give a very cheap and uninteresting model bought overseas and it uses hi card.
So far so good.
Thanks for sharing

foodie4stuff
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Kid's mobile phone - how to prevent loss

Post by foodie4stuff » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:09 pm

[quote="tankee"][quote="Yuraaaa_"]Im thinking of getting my boys a cheap say nokia phone so they can do simple texting and calling only. Also, kids r usually clumsy so not gonna get those glass screen phones...[/quote]

why not a Redmi ?[/quote]
xiaomi china phones becareful hor. got spying software inside

rosemaryherb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rosemaryherb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 pm

foodie4stuff wrote:
tankee wrote:
Yuraaaa_ wrote:Im thinking of getting my boys a cheap say nokia phone so they can do simple texting and calling only. Also, kids r usually clumsy so not gonna get those glass screen phones...

why not a Redmi ?
xiaomi china phones becareful hor. got spying software inside
not true. that is a hoax debunked. Right now, my kids are using xiaomi. at least I feel better each time seeing how much the phones are being abused!

CerlynR
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CerlynR » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:31 am

Most phones now have a feature in which you can find out where the phone is with GPS tracking. You should do this first. It will help you know the general area of the phone.

serinder
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by serinder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 pm

get a lanyard attached to the school bag

AnneS
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by AnneS » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Phone theft – note the IMEI number (an international identification number usually found in the battery compartment of the phone) on your child’s mobile. If the mobile is stolen, quote the IMEI number to your phone company to activate an immediate block on the mobile. However, you may be financially liable for any calls made on the mobile before you report it stolen. Instruct your child to hand over the phone rather than try to fight the thief – a mobile is not worth the risk of physical injury.