Toys for 2 year olds

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!
Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Toys for 2 year olds

Post by Michy79 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Jason Lim wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm
I saw this item very interesting and I would like to share with all the parent here.

This is really cool. I think my kids would love this. Mind sharing where we can get this? Thank you..

xingapore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by xingapore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:03 pm

thanks so much for this! I gave my 2yo train sets and he's building his own track now

xingapore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by xingapore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:04 pm

I give my son app too. But its the kind of app meant to use together with me so that he don't get sucked into the app.

This is the app: https://alvinology.com/2019/06/11/singa ... addiction/

Brenda3700
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Brenda3700 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 am

Puzzles and legos are my son's favorite toys to play.. he also loves collecting dinosaurs.. Toys are so much better than gadgets!

archcherub
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by archcherub » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:40 am

archcherub wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 am
what about magnetic blocks?
I read this blog about magnetic blocks for toddler child development playing

u guys have any recommendation where to buy magnetic blogs in singapore? the blogger is in america, i not so keen to pay shipping fees. lol
singapore united square got?
in the end i got mine at carousell. someone was clearing stocks. thanks guys! think that guy bought tegu or magformers imden magnetic blocks from Amazon or walmart or Target many years ago.

i also got magnetic "clips" from Ezbuy (my wife bought them) its not really blocks but 2D flatter clips that my toddler can mix and match. she got it cheaply....

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am

You can also introduce your 2 year old to art by giving him some coloring books and crayons! It is so much fun.. I remember getting my son some toys and then bought some coloring books too. I never thought he would love it as well.

AndersonM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by AndersonM » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Brenda3700 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 am
Puzzles and legos are my son's favorite toys to play.. he also loves collecting dinosaurs.. Toys are so much better than gadgets!
Tell it to my son))) He needs exactly gadgets - phone, tablet. All that he sees in our hands. I had to buy a calculator here - https://bestcalculators.net/ I chose a simple model with wide buttons and high-quality plastic. Now, it is his favorite toy. I hope that this will pass with time and I want to switch his attention to any constructors.

Janet32
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Janet32 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:44 am

Recently purchased toys from Toytag. Lots of interesting toys and games. They have toys for 2 years old and up. Also have for adults. Good place to buy gifts.

stace_gwen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by stace_gwen » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Hello dear parents!

Would need your help with a short questionnaire: https://bedtimestoriessg.typeform.com/to/PC8duk

Context: i’m starting a Children’s Book Subscription Box in Singapore and would appreciate your help to make it better! (I promise I'm not here to sell anything, I really just want to gather opinions and feedback)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Stace

Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am

I suggest wooden blocks for 2 year olds. There are endless possibilities for building and younger kids can safely chew them just make sure the blocks are painted with non-toxic paint.