Apple unveils iPhone 4

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Apple unveils iPhone 4

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Dear All,

This is my 5000th post and I never expected I will be able to achieve this milestone so fast... I had come across this site when I was checking about my DS1's primary 1 registration and got totally hooked to it... Have made so many friends with whom I can express my feelings and went out my anger as well.... I am also thankful to people who are cheering for me but guess this 1000 post is the slowest cause too much work and was not feeling well these days... I just :love: :love: :love: :lovesite:

I would like to dedicate my 5000th post to my favourite toy which is iPhone... and I am so happy to know that finally Apple declared that they r coming out with iPhone 4

Below is the article

The next iPhone comes out June 24 and will have a higher-resolution screen, longer battery life and thinner design.

CEO Steve Jobs opened Apple Inc.'s annual conference for software developers Monday by revealing the iPhone 4, which will cost $199 or $299 in the U.S. with a two-year AT&T contract, depending on the capacity. The iPhone 3GS, which debuted last year, will still be available, for $99.

The iPhone 4 is less than 10 millimeters thick (about three-eighths of an inch thick); the previous iPhone was about 12 millimeters, or nearly half an inch. It is getting a camera on the front that could be used for videoconferencing, in addition to a five-megapixel camera and a flash on the back. It can shoot high-definition video, catching up to some other smart phones.

The display on the new iPhone remains 3.5 inches (8.9 centimeters) diagonally, but Jobs said it can show four times as many pixels - the individual colored dots that make up an image - as the previous screen.

The new phone will run the latest version of Apple's mobile software, now called iOS4, which Apple unveiled in April to offer such new features as the ability to operate more than one program at a time. Older iPhones will be able to get iOS4 as a download June 21.

New applications for the device will include the popular game Farmville and one from Netflix that lets people watch streaming video where they left off on a PC.

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 pm

:D

Congratulations on your 5000th, LKVM!

So the $888 question - will you splurge on the Iphone 4?

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Blobbi wrote::D

Congratulations on your 5000th, LKVM!

So the $888 question - will you splurge on the Iphone 4?

Thank you bloobi... well not this year but next year for sure :love:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm

LKVM wrote:
Thank you bloobi... well not this year but next year for sure :love:

Congrats on the 5K mark. Hmm, if next year, then wait for iphone4G? They come out with models so often it's impossible to keep up - unless one is so minded.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:18 pm

hquek wrote:Congrats on the 5K mark. Hmm, if next year, then wait for iphone4G? They come out with models so often it's impossible to keep up - unless one is so minded.

Thanks hquek for the wishes...

Well I got my 3gs in sept so cannot get it before next year June and if they come up with 4GS then good for me :wink:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daisyt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 pm

hi LKVM, yes, the iphone4G is so cool! I would need to top up early recontract if they really release it in Sept. Really have to see what is the price, before I decide to get it or not. The other temp option I am looking into is upgrade the OS of my existing 3Gs. :cry:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:39 pm

daisyt wrote:The other temp option I am looking into is upgrade the OS of my existing 3Gs. :cry:

Yeah thats wat they said after June end good option but then brighter and better screen will look good in the 4G model :wink:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tree nymph » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 pm

any idea when ipad will be launched here? Do you think we will need a special contract to go with it too? like iphone contract?

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm

tree nymph wrote:any idea when ipad will be launched here? Do you think we will need a special contract to go with it too? like iphone contract?

If I am not wrong iPad is oredi in the market lotsa ppl getting from US... for the contract no idea yet... :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby NiVleK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:01 pm

I think I will get a iPhone 4! Excited to see how the local telcos will price it. Especially, for those that just got the iPhone 3GS during launch event.

NiVleK
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets