drag and drop picture resize.

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

drag and drop picture resize.

Postby super_dad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:15 pm

I have this problem of trying to teach my girl how to resize pictures that she took with her digi cam. The whole procedure is not actually simple for a child. Yesterday I discovered a drag and drop software. Just drag and drop the picture in, and a smaller version will be created in the same folder with the extra tag "_resized". I think this is useful. More intuitive. The free version can do 5 at a time.

http://www.glowdot.com/?q=node/12

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:40 pm

I have been using IrfanViewfor years. Free and powerful. Not necessarily the easiest to use, but definitely not the worst.

There is a batch dialog attached in the program that allows you to batch rename or convert your photos. So you can have a bunch of different sized photos in .bmp or .jpg and you just load them in and state you want them to be resized to 640 on the longest side and converted to 80% JPEG quality and renamed as My Happy Days 00x.jpg and voila... go for a quick toilet break and everything is hunky dory.

Try it out. The best things in this world are FREE.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 am

Yes, I used Iranview too. Quite a niffy program. But main problem is that not easy for kids to know what to do, with the short attention span and minimal computer knowledge. Thot the drag and drop action should be the most straight forward.

I do find lots of such utility for Mac. Seems like Mac programs are more kid's friendly.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets