Electronic Dictionary

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Electronic Dictionary

Postby CharleneX » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 am

Hi

I am planning to get an electronic dictionary for my son whom is going P2 next year. I wonder, if the school will allow them to use that in school at all.

He is lazy to refer to the "manual" dictionary whenever he came upon a new word. He always find it difficult to locate the word he wanted to look for from a Dict. So, I have sorta become a walking dictionary for him which I don't want him to rely on me too much.

May I have your advise on which brand/ model of the digital dictionary should I go for and its below $150 (best if its below $100)? Handy and can bring along when we are out. I do not want him to use the HP, though I know they have the apps.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Charlene

CharleneX
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Electronic Dictionary

Postby kaisumum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Charlene,

You may want to consider Creative PX2051 or Besta All-In-One as these two models are approved e-dictionary for use for school and PSLE CL Paper 1 exams.

Your child can bring the e-dictionary into the exam room for CL Paper 1 when he's in Primary 3.

Both models should be within your budget, definitely below S$100 :wink: and they are compact, can carry around easily.

Which model to buy is up to the individual's comfort level as I have pupils who prefer one over the other. There is no best model based on the pupils feedback.

kaisumum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Electronic Dictionary

Postby CharleneX » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 am

kaisumum wrote:Hi Charlene,

You may want to consider Creative PX2051 or Besta All-In-One as these two models are approved e-dictionary for use for school and PSLE CL Paper 1 exams.

Your child can bring the e-dictionary into the exam room for CL Paper 1 when he's in Primary 3.

Both models should be within your budget, definitely below S$100 :wink: and they are compact, can carry around easily.

Which model to buy is up to the individual's comfort level as I have pupils who prefer one over the other. There is no best model based on the pupils feedback.

Hi Kiasimum

Thanks for the info!! Would you have any idea where could I get them? I was at Popular and doubt I came across the models you have mentioned.

Thanks & Regards
Charlene

CharleneX
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Faun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 am

CharleneX wrote:
Hi Kiasimum

Thanks for the info!! Would you have any idea where could I get them? I was at Popular and doubt I came across the models you have mentioned.

Thanks & Regards
Charlene

for the creative one, you have to ask for it at the popular bookstore customer service or cashier. They don't display. I bought at 36 or 38, cannot remember. It's good enough and I think cheaper then Besta. For translation from English to Chinese, you can use the one in the iPod/pad/phone if you have one.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby CharleneX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:47 am

Faun wrote:
CharleneX wrote:
Hi Kiasimum

Thanks & Regards
Charlene

for the creative one, you have to ask for it at the popular bookstore customer service or cashier. They don't display. I bought at 36 or 38, cannot remember. It's good enough and I think cheaper then Besta. For translation from English to Chinese, you can use the one in the iPod/pad/phone if you have one.

Hi Faun

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking for the E-Dictionary for English only.

CharleneX
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets