Science Computer Game or CBT Learning

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Science Computer Game or CBT Learning

Postby greentea2005 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 am

Hi, anyone aware of any good science computer games or CBT learning products for K1-P6 kid? Thanks.

greentea2005
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sydney » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:35 pm

what does CBT stands for?

sydney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kv1n » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Computer-Based Training?

kv1n
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Happy Mama » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Criminal Breach of Trust... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Science Computer Game or CBT Learning

Postby cimman » Tue May 03, 2011 12:43 am

too many acronyms used these days. People just assume that everyone is conversant in them. So much for communication in the 21st century.

I recommend Angry Birds. It teaches the physics of projectiles and impact. It also teaches the history of the birds and the pigs, not to be confused with the Bees, a distant relative. Their rivilary was known long before men came up with pork chops on the menu, but no one knew the origins of the rivalry. By playing this highly educational game, children are taught the concept of inference. At the end of level 10, most players can successfully infer that a ball can knock out 5 pigs when thrown at the proper angle and velocity. Don't sniff at the 5 pigs, that's a lot of pork chops in there.

This game has successfully taught my child how to tackle inference questions in 2 weeks, what his English tuition teacher had failed to accomplish in 6 months. I've since dismissed the tuition teacher and with the money saved, got an iPad2 to enhance the educational experience of this wonderful game. It's a win win win situation as my child is happy, I'm happy and so is Apple.

Hope I've answered your question.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets