Advise for equipment for skype

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Advise for equipment for skype

Postby IJJ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 pm

For an elderly to use to skype.

1. Easy to use
2. Inexpensive

Can anyone recommend?

IJJ
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cimman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 am

you can use any computer for Skype. Go to Sim Lim Square and pick up some flyers. Go for computers that is around $600. A lot cheaper than name brands who will charge 30% more with the same specs.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby unity123 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Buy a skype phone. cheaper. works like a phone.

unity123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Advise for equipment for skype

Postby kwokwc » Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Personally I do find that using Skype it quite easy to use. Can be done with any PC. If the PC has webcam, mic and speaker, can use skype for video call. Very easy, just login and try calling the person in the contact when the person is online.

Used it when my son went Korea. If Skype video calling, it is free even if it is international call. Before my son went Korea for oversea learning journey, I just know about this app but never try it. But after using it, find it really good, easy and FREE! As my husband always goes oversea, we are thinking of using Skype to communicate, in this way, my kids can see my husband too. :D

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Advise for equipment for skype

Postby saltonsteve » Mon May 23, 2011 4:39 pm

In the internet market there is easy to communicate with each other. Skype is the better application to communicate with online as voice and video chat. You can also install the different add ons which helps to make conversation easy.

saltonsteve
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Technology & Gadgets