HP Laptop for son

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

HP Laptop for son

Postby chixchix » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Hii all, I just bought a HP PAVILION DV6 for my boy but the keypad, the area where the ventilating fan is, gets very hot, and when you put your hand on the computer,the left side feels hot but its still bearable.

I have tried putting the cooling machine below the laptop but it doesnt help much.. does any one know whats wrong ?

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: HP Laptop for son

Postby BigDevil » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:16 am

That is likely where the hard disk is, which can get quite warm during use.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby fatty_daddy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:50 am

eh while i cant be sure exactly about the specifications of your device. but i had this problem with the current laptop that i am using too. it got really really hot, and then one day when i power it up it gave me some error message saying that the fan is spoilt. apparently the reason why it got so hot was because the one of the fans were spoilt, and when both went down, the OS gave me an error on startup.

you may want to get it checked? :|

fatty_daddy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby schweppes » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:12 am

chixchix wrote:Hii all, I just bought a HP PAVILION DV6 for my boy but the keypad, the area where the ventilating fan is, gets very hot, and when you put your hand on the computer,the left side feels hot but its still bearable.

I have tried putting the cooling machine below the laptop but it doesnt help much.. does any one know whats wrong ?

I had the same problem too with my old Fujitsu when I first bought it years back. What I did was to get 2 pens (or pencils) of similar size and use it as a leverage to prop the back of the laptop. This helps to lift the laptop between the laptop and desk, leaving a space for air to ventilate. Alternatively, you can go to Challenger or any IT shop that sells gadgets that u can permanently fix to the bottom of the laptop.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Technology & Gadgets