Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Toys for 2 year olds

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Toys for 2 year olds

Postby Summation » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:39 am

I'm not sure. I've been getting lego. And those star wars series, my son really takes a liking to them.

Summation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:13 am

lmq874 wrote:Any alternative for lego sets?

There are quite a lot of "compatible" types which are imitations and cheaper. But for 2yo kids, uplo (or compatible) is the appropriate size.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSEducation » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

wooden puzzle is good

KSEducation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kevin23 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello,

I find my 2 1/2 yr old DD has really gotten into duplo, blocks and puzzles. She really enjoys floor puzzles but we so need to do those together. Other favourites are cooking toys and musical instruments.

kevin23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Robert_Wee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Summation wrote:What do you think of lego sets? I see lego have quite a bit of interesting stuff. And it's reminisce of childchood for me as well. XD

Lego sets are great, they are very expandable, older lego sets will never be left aside and forgotten because with imagination your child can always find a way to intergrate whatever he has together.

Robert_Wee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby love43 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:03 pm

lmq874 wrote:And really expensive.

Indeed. Lego sets nowadays are getting very expensive, especially those superhero ones or themed ones.

love43
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby love43 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Robert_Wee wrote:
Summation wrote:What do you think of lego sets? I see lego have quite a bit of interesting stuff. And it's reminisce of childchood for me as well. XD

Lego sets are great, they are very expandable, older lego sets will never be left aside and forgotten because with imagination your child can always find a way to intergrate whatever he has together.

yeah but the duplo and normal lego not compatible though

love43
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Gilian039 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 am

Puzzles and lego are my go to toys for my 2 year old. He's enjoying it so much. But as early as 2 years old, I have also introduced him to educational books. I would prefer to give my kids some books to read rather than giving them all the latest gadgets.

Gilian039
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ammonite » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 am

I think the best value toy for boys is a bouncy ball - they can use it from 6 months to 12 years old and beyond if the ball doesn't go flat first. Motor skills - covered. Eye-hand coordination - covered. Sharing and turn-taking - covered. Train perseverance (adults may give up first) - covered. Counting (count number of times you can catch/bounce/score a goal successfully) - covered. Language - covered. Strategy - covered. Suitable for both introverts and extroverts, suitable for use on both land and in water. Doesn't take up much space, easy to wash and keep, best classic toy.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BranT » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

Two-year-olds are on the move and getting into everything, but with toys like a play table that sings about the food it's cooking and wooden puzzles that require a magnetic fishing pole, your tot will be so busy, he won't have time to get into trouble!

BranT
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres