Online Site: www.testpapers.com.sg

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Online Site: www.testpapers.com.sg

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:47 pm

I have been using http://www.testpapers.com.sg for a couple of years now. Fees are now at S$63 per year, for 60 testpapers for P1-P2 students and 80 testpapers for P3-P6 students.

Test question quality are generally ok... they claim that the questions are prepared by real school teachers. The crib sheets are more organized and have better quality control than those provided with actual school test papers that you buy off the street, but I still find an occasional error. I would rate the difficulty level to be slightly above average... my son's chinese tutor claims the chinese tests are hard... dunno if it is because she was trying to cover up for my kid's poor results in those papers :? .

One big problem is the number of clicks the site makes you do when printing the papers and crib sheets. I dread the beginning of each term, when they release the 15 papers (3 per subject). Have to literally click-click-click, wait-wait-wait, and print-print-print 15 times. Takes me about half an hour just to finish sending the jobs to the printer. They should just have a button to click and print.

They do have a service where they print and send the papers to you, but it costs more money...

Anyway, I think they have a friend recommend friend program, so if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me for a recommendation, and hopefully, cheaper rates.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Do you know how much are the ones that are bought off the streets? I haven't tried it yet.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Those off the streets cost something like $40 for the entire previous year's worth of maths, english and chinese papers from all the supposed top schools. Actually quite worth it given that if you buy the normal assessment papers, they will cost you about $8 for only 5 sets per subject. But you must be prepared to go through the answers with the child... the quality of the answers are suspect at times.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Ok. Might need to get some soon.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:35 pm

There's a tiny mobile store at the Parkway Parade Promenade that sells these papers. It's right outside the 4 storey Yamaha Music School building. It is manned by a middle-age woman that listens to Buddhist music all day long. Easy to find. It's term 4 now, so better hurry up to buy if you want it to be useful to you.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby bishanman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:25 am

Think most of the questions are from schools. Are they infringing the copyright rules?

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaydenbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

I hear that usually they just need to email the schools and once the schools give permission, they can use it.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bishanman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

You sure? I thought schools always protect their IP fiecrely..

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaydenbrown » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Well.. I had an educator friend who set up a tuition centre in Singapore near the north east part of the island. He is using a lot of old papers and questions from various schools. I also have another friend who opened a pretty successful tutorial school in buona vista and he too is doing all that.

He told me that he just needed to email MOE or SEAB to ask for permission to use their past national exam papers.

The schools also readily agreed to use their papers.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bishanman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:43 am

Interesting... It seem like profiting from something that don't belong to them and little effort for reproduction.

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets