IT Course for Primary Kid

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

IT Course for Primary Kid

Postby Miracle Child » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of good IT courses for primary school kid? My son is in P3 this year. Would like to expose him applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. Kiasu lah :lol: ...thought that since he still has time now (when workload is not too heavy), to let him learn these which will come in handy for project work later. Thanks.

Miracle Child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: IT Course for Primary Kid

Postby UncleLim » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Miracle Child wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know of good IT courses for primary school kid? My son is in P3 this year. Would like to expose him applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. Kiasu lah :lol: ...thought that since he still has time now (when workload is not too heavy), to let him learn these which will come in handy for project work later. Thanks.

Kids are so quick to pick technology stuff up these days, so why not just set him a simple Excel project to do. Eg. Making a list and sorting it order. Or do a Powerpoint presentation of your family's holiday with pictures. :smile:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Miracle Child » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Yeah...thought of that too...but was thinking to outsource for a few reasons. One, I have not much patience to teach :oops: . Two, my DS tends to absorb better and learn faster when there is peer pressure (he is quite competitive). That's why thought a classroom setting working on assignments with peers may have better retention. But I guess perhaps I could try out your suggestion first and see how it goes. Thanks.

Miracle Child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Miracle Child wrote:Yeah...thought of that too...but was thinking to outsource for a few reasons. One, I have not much patience to teach :oops: . Two, my DS tends to absorb better and learn faster when there is peer pressure (he is quite competitive). That's why thought a classroom setting working on assignments with peers may have better retention. But I guess perhaps I could try out your suggestion first and see how it goes. Thanks.

join the school's computer club?
my boy learnt Moviemaker and powerpoint from his sch's CCA.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Miracle Child » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

School is having some CCA showcase in Feb...will see if he wants to join. Anyway, I was asking him if he would like to learn Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. He replied excitedly "Yes"...then guess what? When I said, I could guide him and use some basic projects as a starting point to learn...he replied " Huh? Why can't I attend some course? Your assignments will not be interesting."... :mad:

Miracle Child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm

There are some free online training videos & slides on Microsoft office provided by Microsoft. These may be a good starting point.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Miracle Child » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks, tankee. Will check it out.

Miracle Child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby HannahLim » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:39 pm

jedamum wrote:
Miracle Child wrote:Yeah...thought of that too...but was thinking to outsource for a few reasons. One, I have not much patience to teach :oops: . Two, my DS tends to absorb better and learn faster when there is peer pressure (he is quite competitive). That's why thought a classroom setting working on assignments with peers may have better retention. But I guess perhaps I could try out your suggestion first and see how it goes. Thanks.

join the school's computer club?
my boy learnt Moviemaker and powerpoint from his sch's CCA.

Really? i get my boy boy go take up

HannahLim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Technology & Gadgets