Who has more than 1 iPads or tablets at home ?

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Who has more than 1 iPads or tablets at home ?

Postby UncleLim » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 am

I recently won an iPad2 despite not being the lucky sort of person.

Now, the problem is I already have an older iPad at home. After debating with one and all in the family whether to keep it or try to trade it with someone for a laptop (we already have 2 laptops), we decided to unwrap it and use it.

So iPad2 is in the bedroom and iPad1 is in the living room, but I still feel it is overkill.

Anyone else with this "problem" ? :wink:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Who has more than 1 iPads or tablets at home ?

Postby stressedoutmummy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 am

UncleLim wrote:I recently won an iPad2 despite not being the lucky sort of person.

Now, the problem is I already have an older iPad at home. After debating with one and all in the family whether to keep it or try to trade it with someone for a laptop (we already have 2 laptops), we decided to unwrap it and use it.

So iPad2 is in the bedroom and iPad1 is in the living room, but I still feel it is overkill.

Two tablets, 1 PC, 2 notebook. (Managed to sell off iPad, otherwise, 3 tablets). Waiting for new iPad or Macbook air. :)

stressedoutmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby newuser » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

I have 1 iPad and 2 android tablets at home. Basically the kids are using the ipad whereas my husband and i are using the android tablets. my DH loves to buy electronics gradets.

newuser
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 am

UncleLim wrote:I recently won an iPad2 despite not being the lucky sort of person.

Give one to your DW lah

I bring my iPad to work so DW has her own iPad. DS has been asking for a personal one. Currently, he is sharing mine.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 am

2 ipads, 3 ipod touch, 1 MacPC, 1 Macbook, 2 Wintel Laptops and DH's company issued him a wintel laptop as well.

Oh and I've lost touch of how many nanos we have. And we have apple TV as well. If DH has his way, our house can be a showcase for apple products.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby newuser » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 pm

R we killing our earth? I wonder......

newuser
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 3timesDad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 am

I have 5 laptops (2 for work, 3 for the kids) and 1 tablet for a family of 5. Do wonder if we are overkill too.

As to whether we r killing the earth ... there was an interesting study advocating that "rich" people tend to pollute the world more (since the rich tend to consume more).

There was another study made too that doing "searches" be it google, yahoo etc consumes a significant amount of energy. Though it is free to us, the networks and servers consumes energy to execute it.

:siam:

3timesDad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am

DH and I each have an iPad.

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets