Pls Help : Office Starter does not support chinese ?

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Pls Help : Office Starter does not support chinese ?

Postby mamii » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi, I got my new notebook a few weeks ago. I am trying to input chinese language but is unable to do so. After searching the web it seems to say i need to purchase the language pack to install chinese language ?

Anyone can help me here ? Many thanks!

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Pls Help : Office Starter does not support chinese ?

Postby BigDevil » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Try following the steps shown in this website: http://li-ming.org/Form/Window7ChineseSetup.pdf

But at step 7, choose Chinese (Singapore) or Chinese (PRC) instead of Chinese (Taiwan).

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby mamii » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:57 pm

thanks BigDevil, I did follow these steps but after selecting "chinese" it does not allow me to click "ok" i can only click on "cancel" so i am puzzled.

Does that mean my office started kit does not include chinese language ? I tried to download it from the website but chinese was not in the list provided by microsoft.

any idea ? thanks !

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby BigDevil » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Which step were you at when you can't click OK?

What brand/model of notebook are you using, and what is your version/edition of Windows?

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby cimman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:39 pm

mamii wrote:thanks BigDevil, I did follow these steps but after selecting "chinese" it does not allow me to click "ok" i can only click on "cancel" so i am puzzled.

Does that mean my office started kit does not include chinese language ? I tried to download it from the website but chinese was not in the list provided by microsoft.

any idea ? thanks !

you'll need to drill down until you see "keyboard", then [ok] option is available to you. Otherwise, at the top level, you'll just see "Chinese" and the [ok] button is greyed out.

at the top level, this is what you see:

you need to drill down to a lower level, by clicking on the + sign next to the word "Chinese"
after you select the relevant Chinse Simplified...., by putting the ticks in the relevant boxes, you'll see the [ok] option come up.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mamii » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm

thanks cimman ! got it. still need a little help if you don't mind. I can switch between the language and can see "ZH" and "EN" but the keyboard still types in english.

What have i missed ? thanks !

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mamii » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi cimman, i tried again and got it ! Thanks again !

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets