Typing software

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Typing software

Postby super_dad » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:40 pm

If you are looking for a good typing software for your child, I recommend this.

http://www.download.com/Key-Advantage-T ... 76329.html

I use this to have it teach my girl typing. After every lesson, you get a medal. Now, in exchange for a gold medal, my girl can trade it for credits for her habbo. :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:13 pm

But seems like must pay one. Here's a site which lists quite a number of other software. Interestingly, it also says that parents should not pressurize kids under 7 years old to learn typing :).

Here's another good site for kids typing software too.

But for the cheapskate me, I'll stick to the free online ones. I found one here:
kids.learn2type.com.

Tried the online test. Score of 100% accuracy and 61 wpm. Is that good?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am

I learn my typing without any software. And when I looked at how my kid play computer, it is quite amazing, they just learn so fast, don't even know how he did it.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes...must pay.. but I think quite worth it. :) Not expensive...less than 50, I think...can't quite remember.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guthix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:55 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:But seems like must pay one. Here's a site which lists quite a number of other software. Interestingly, it also says that parents should not pressurize kids under 7 years old to learn typing :).

Here's another good site for kids typing software too.

But for the cheapskate me, I'll stick to the free online ones. I found one here:
kids.learn2type.com.

Tried the online test. Score of 100% accuracy and 61 wpm. Is that good?

Not really sure, try typingcourse-online.com for more advance testing. can type and read news at the same time

Guthix
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets