The *^&()! software doesn't work!

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

The *^&()! software doesn't work!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:28 pm

How many times have you shelled out your hard-earned money just to find that the education software you bought doesn't work??

Problems range from:

1. Not supported on Windows XP or the ultra-modern Vista.

2. Attempts to install its own pre-historic version of Quicktime or AVI software which basically overwrites your more modern versions, thereby screwing up your whole system.

3. Cannot even read the disc.

No, I'm not talking about the "friendly" versions that you find along the streets or pasar malams. These are proper $15-$30 versions shrink-wrapped in nice packaging.

Here's the latest con job I fell victim to:

Title: I SPY Junior - Brain-Building Games for Kids!
Problem: I tried installing it on my win xp media centre. Replaced my quicktime. Couldn't start up after that. $10 down the drain.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:54 am

What to do? take it back to ask for refund.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 am

I have once bought some education software that does not allowed me to duplicate. The CD have some physical defect that was purposely created to prevent CD copying. And image my kid who is bound to scratch and destroy the CD sooner or later.

Hated those kind of protection.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 am

super_dad wrote:What to do? take it back to ask for refund.

That would be the natural thing to do.. now if I could only find the receipt.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby niceguy_sg » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:38 pm

phantom wrote:I have once bought some education software that does not allowed me to duplicate. The CD have some physical defect that was purposely created to prevent CD copying. And image my kid who is bound to scratch and destroy the CD sooner or later.

Hated those kind of protection.

Yes, I have bought those A-Star Education that comes with copy protection using "physical defect" method. I managed to duplicate them using BlindWrite - software by VSO.

niceguy_sg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Technology & Gadgets