Copy Contacts To Samsung S3, How?

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Copy Contacts To Samsung S3, How?

Postby Sniper Angel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:29 am

Anyone can advise how to copy my contacts from Iphone 4 to Samsung S3? How to do the backup contacts then when I get my Samsung S3 or S2 do the transfer?

Totally zero knowledge in this!
:gloomy:

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Copy Contacts To Samsung S3, How?

Postby tankee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:45 am

There is a Samsung desktop software that would be useful. But read that the sync is buggy.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Scorpion » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi,

I think the easiest way is to start a google account (eg. gmail) on your iphone, then use your iphone to sync all your phone contacts with the google account.

(At this point, all your contacts are all in your google account).

Then use your S3 to sign in to the same google account. Then just sync all your contacts in google using the S3.

Scorpion
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Scorpion » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Oh ya....

The other simpler way is to copy all your iphone contacts into your SIM card.

Then just put the same SIM card into your S3.

Scorpion
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby atrecord » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm

am considering recontracting and getting samsung S3 too. i understand that it uses a micoSIM? I'm currently still using the normal SIM card.

Would anyone know the fast and easiest way to transfer the contacts if I get that?

tks..

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Scorpion » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 am

Yes, the S3 uses microSIM.

Easiest way to transfer contacts is by SIM card - just copy contacts to SIM, then insert SIM into the S3. SIM contacts have limited information though - just names and numbers (no birthdays, e-mail addresses, and whatever else you have fed in for each contact).

Even if you're using a normal SIM now, they can cut it down to a microSIM size. So no need to change SIM cards.

Scorpion
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby spicy » Thu May 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Hello

Would appreciate advice on how to transfer SMS & Watsapp messages from a Samsung S2 to the new S5 ? :?:

Heard that it is possible but how to do it... for a zero techie like me ? :shrug:

spicy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Kuwoally » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:08 am

Export your contacts file in your Android phone to your desktop or to a storage device. After this, open your Gmail account followed by settings and then click on import button there. Then choose the saved contact file that you saved in the previous step. This is a way to sync.

Now the next step goes to iPhone. In the device, tap on Settings option and then click Add account and then click on Microsoft Exchange in there. Just feed in the required information in the respective fields such as your email ID, password, server name as m.google.com. Now just go through the rest of the process which is very easy and you will have all your contacts imported in there. So you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.

Kuwoally
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ToharEider » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 pm

You can have a try of Android Data Recovery, which enables you to recover and copy deleted data, such as photos, videos, contacts, messages from your phone.
Read more:
http://www.iphone-android-recovery.com/ ... droid.html

ToharEider
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ohms » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 am

spicy wrote:Hello

Would appreciate advice on how to transfer SMS & Watsapp messages from a Samsung S2 to the new S5 ? :?:

Heard that it is possible but how to do it... for a zero techie like me ? :shrug:

For SMS use the Samsung Keis software that needs to be installed on your PC.

For Whatsapps look into whatsapps website for instructions to perform the transfer.

ohms
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets