New app uses GPS to help blind move around independently

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

New app uses GPS to help blind move around independently

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:16 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-ne ... y-20130103

How do the blind use the apps if they can't even see (assuming totally blind) the GUI (graphic user interface)? :scratchhead:

And even if someone help to startup and setup routes in the apps, how to ensure the user doesn't accidentally touch something that cause the apps to stop running?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: New app uses GPS to help blind move around independently

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Nebbermind wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/app-helps-blind-move-around-independently-20130103

How do the blind use the apps if they can't even see (assuming totally blind) the GUI (graphic user interface)? :scratchhead:

And even if someone help to startup and setup routes in the apps, how to ensure the user doesn't accidentally touch something that cause the apps to stop running?

LOL. That was exactly what I thought when I read the article earlier.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Nebbermind » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:42 am

I visited AStar once and was shown one of the innovations...like some sensor device that is supposed to produce test results when u pee into the toilet.

I was like :siao: . Like that can meh? Donch we have to keep the toilet freaking clean in order to ensure the results are valid? :scratchhead:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Nebbermind wrote:I visited AStar once and was shown one of the innovations...like some sensor device that is supposed to produce test results when u pee into the toilet.

I was like :siao: . Like that can meh? Donch we have to keep the toilet freaking clean in order to ensure the results are valid? :scratchhead:

You know, I have a great product idea - Aquarium water closets. Run water pipes through a glass box where you can keep your fish, and outlets into your toilet. That way every time you flush, not only do you wash away your filth, you also get to clean the tank. Saves water, saves time, perfect for lazy people like me who wants to keep fish but hates to clean tanks.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Nebbermind » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm

on the day u have food poisoning, the fish will have no peace!!! :laugh:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Nebbermind wrote:on the day u have food poisoning, the fish will have no peace!!! :laugh:

Au contraire mon frere, those would be the times the fish gets to eat and sleep in much less of their own, um, muck.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Technology & Gadgets