Online shopping

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Online shopping

Postby TheAnswer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Is anyone addicted to online shopping? Share the websites you shop at and their services?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Online shopping

Postby limlim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:00 pm

taobao & ebay.

Usually, the items are either not available in SG or overpriced in brick and mortar shops.. Convenience is also a consideration.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm

I used to buy from iherb. But delivery unreliable. Parcel was lost twice. And delivery took a long time as long as almost a month despites what they claim on website. Gave up

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 pm

limlim wrote:taobao & ebay.

Usually, the items are either not available in SG or overpriced in brick and mortar shops.. Convenience is also a consideration.

I have terrible experience with eBay! Do not think I will consider trying that anymore.
What does taobao sell?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm

My cousin recommended me to shop at ASOS.com
My cousin said it is great and she is still ordering from there.
I just made my orders.. Just submitted. 5 pieces (my CNY shopping as I didnt have time to shop before CNY). Estimated delivery date to be 27feb. I will update on service when I get my orders.
They have such a big selection that I reckon that I will be shopping there every few months.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:01 pm

TheAnswer wrote:

I have terrible experience with eBay! Do not think I will consider trying that anymore.
What does taobao sell?

All kinds of stuff.. But I'm more interested in fashion and household products. Don't trust their electronics stuff.

So far my experience with eBay is quite ok. I always pay using paypal so if the items not delivered, just file a dispute and usually the seller will refund. Encounter a few cases item lost during delivery. Not sure is their problem or Singpost.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:13 pm

limlim wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:

What does taobao sell?

All kinds of stuff.. But I'm more interested in fashion and household products. Don't trust their electronics stuff.

So far my experience with eBay is quite ok. I always pay using paypal so if the items not delivered, just file a dispute and usually the seller will refund. Encounter a few cases item lost during delivery. Not sure is their problem or Singpost.

Thanks!

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:56 pm

eBay...so far nebber had any problem...

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 pm

I shop at drugstore, book depository, Victoria secrets and vitacost more frequently. So far very good experiences. Except vs, sometimes the size is not the same. Eg top a you can wear s size but top b, s size is very big. Something like that. And some of their cutting are... Erm... I think I need to wear a bib to cover up.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 am

I also frequent taobao....have purchased many many silk products....
i am 真丝控 in taobao's language.... :evil:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets