Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Online shopping

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Online shopping

Postby ammonite » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am

Another possibility is that ezbuy has been talking privately to retailers for prime cart and taobao found itself cut out of the action.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Now that we can't use ezbuy's buy for me service, which other companies would you suggest?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:01 pm

jtoh wrote:Now that we can't use ezbuy's buy for me service, which other companies would you suggest?

https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/use-taobao-agents-in-singapore-to-avoid-getting-scammed

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:18 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c ... iver-goods

Hope your 1111 taobao deliveries are not handled by road bull courier!

Unfortunately my Amazon Black Friday items are, and it showed delivered on 11 December but I have yet to receive anything! I have tried to contact road bull via email and phone ( which can never get through) for the past few days but no reply at all.

Having no choice, I use Amazon chat to tell them the problem and request a full refund as I have no confidence my items will appear. Hence I found out Amazon uses
I-parcel carrier who in turn uses road bull courier to deliver. I was furious as a few months ago for another of my order, Amazon uses road bull and items were a week late after multiple chasing on my part. Back then I already feedback nicely to Amazon not to use road bull, or at least not for my order, of which they agreed and even gave me a $5 credit for being late. So today I kind of reminded them of my previous black and white email on road bull. So Amazon agreed to full refund but replied that they have no control over who I-parcel uses, at this point I was really boiling mad as it was contrary to their promise to look into the matter months ago. So I forwarded above newspaper link to Amazon and told them that I probably will never buy from them again. Only at this point they typed a nicer sentence on screen that they will forward link to higher management to liaise with I-parcel to investigate and resolve. I guess I must be very mad :mad: just now and has used harsh words in the chat screen, as I just received email confirmation that refund has been processed and that I am free to keep or dispose the items if they ever appear next few days! Dh commented that the typical Taurus in the house turned into a mad bull just now! :laugh:

If you have not received your Black Friday Amazon items, better check if the carrier is I-parcel and consider if you want a full refund from Amazon, as high chance that the local courier used is Road Bull. Just sharing my unhappy experience as this order is usually my Christmas present order!

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 am

So far my order delivered with roadbull is ok. One arrived on time while another is 1 day late. But the tracking link does indicate if item is in warehouse or "delivery in progress". If delivery in progress it is delivered on same day.

Amazon uses aramex or iparcel. Both are sh!tty. I doubt amazon has control over who iparcel or aramex uses.

Best is DHL I guess. if you paid for priority shipping, high chance it will be DHL.

But recently a few of my orders are late. Not because of transit, but bcoz amazon shipped it only after 2 weeks of order placing! ridiculous. Last time they normally ship within 3 days.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 am

Anyway, if you buy from taobao, better pray it arrive in one piece.

Ever wondered why sometimes the parcel is deformed or out of shape with it reaches you? It may not be due to the handler tossing it up the plane (conveyor belt) at the airport.

One of the reasons nowadays I don't like buying from taobao.

https://forums.edmw.xyz/threads/fury-as ... st-1116397

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lego » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

My 1212 taobao purchases are under "送关”, nothing fragile or urgently required in there but I do hope it doesn't take too long to arrive. :xedfingers:

lego
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:09 am

anyone bought through ezbuy after that fracas?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Think only the buy-for-me orders from china were affected. I didn't use that service and everything came through as per normal so i would not be put off using it again. Their service is all right but must qualify that I don't order time sensitive items and if i do have a need-by-date, i will double the time allowance. Delivery is a multi stop process, must make allowance for unexpected events including natural calamities, human errors and customs.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres