iMediaShare - Linking Smart phone to Smart TV

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

iMediaShare - Linking Smart phone to Smart TV

Postby radiantmum » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Anyone use this with your Andriod phone? Can play downloaded movies on your phone to the TV with this apps?

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: iMediaShare - Linking Smart phone to Smart TV

Postby tankee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

long time no see radiantmum

how have you been?

:)

tankee
Site Admin

Postby radiantmum » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

MY AVATAR BENEFECTOR! :smile:

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm

radiantmum wrote:Anyone use this with your Andriod phone? Can play downloaded movies on your phone to the TV with this apps?

There are quite a number of different microUSB to HDMI converters that allow you to connect and display your Android Samsung phone to the TV. They will also charge your phone as it is playing back your movies. Would that not be a better choice?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby radiantmum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Aye Aye Chief! Honoured honoured.

I actually tried the iMediaShare from phone to my TV yesterday, goodness it takes a loooooooong while, gave up.

& ya, I asked around today and was told about the micro HDMI to HDMI cable connection option and I placed an online order immediately !

Can charge battery at the same time :? Sounds like yours is an even better option! Ok ok will go check it out as well. Thanks a mil !

Stay tune to my attempts :nailbite:

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 pm

radiantmum wrote:Aye Aye Chief! Honoured honoured.

I actually tried the iMediaShare from phone to my TV yesterday, goodness it takes a loooooooong while, gave up.

& ya, I asked around today and was told about the micro HDMI to HDMI cable connection option and I placed an online order immediately !

Can charge battery at the same time :? Sounds like yours is an even better option! Ok ok will go check it out as well. Thanks a mil !

Stay tune to my attempts :nailbite:

You're most welcome, radiantmum :) I'm just glad you are as bright and sunny as ever.

BTW, it is microUSB to HDMI! Not micro HDMI to HDMI. All microUSB to HDMI cables need to be powered, unlike the micro HDMI to HDMI. Don't buy the wrong cable!

These cables can be easily found in SLS. They usually go for between $25 to $45 a pop, depending on how "original" the cables are.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby radiantmum » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 pm

OH ... ok ... stay tuned loooonnnnngggggeeeerrrr cos I just realised I bought the wrong item from your post <sweat>

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
You're most welcome, radiantmum :) I'm just glad you are as bright and sunny as ever.

BTW, it is microUSB to HDMI! Not micro HDMI to HDMI. All microUSB to HDMI cables need to be powered, unlike the micro HDMI to HDMI. Don't buy the wrong cable!

These cables can be easily found in SLS. They usually go for between $25 to $45 a pop, depending on how "original" the cables are.

Do you mean the cable will allow whatever displayed on your HP to be sent to the TV via HDMI?

What about the resolution? Older phone have quite poor resolution so will the display on TV be smaller or more pixelated?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:

Do you mean the cable will allow whatever displayed on your HP to be sent to the TV via HDMI?

What about the resolution? Older phone have quite poor resolution so will the display on TV be smaller or more pixelated?

Yes. Whatever displayed on the phone will be shown on the TV.

do not know about the resolution. But read that these adapters can playback full hd video from phone.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby atrecord » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

confirm can play back everything. it's like a monitor for the smart phone.

samsung got original one that cost i think $50+. I bought one compatible model that is supposed to be meant for S3 for $25 when shop was clearing stock as it was moving.

these cables are called MHL cables.

and recently after i bought cable i saw that Sony has a new LED TV that has the words 'MHL-ready', so i think this might be the way to go. probably in the future, all LED TVs might be MHL-ready, in which case no need to buy these cables separately anymore...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Technology & Gadgets