Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Available 25 May (THIS MONTH!!!)

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-new ... ore-25-may

I want :drool:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Postby buds » Fri May 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Available 25th May weekend auction?

I oso want. :drool:

On a more serious note. *Pun not intended.*

I was just beginning to psyche myself up to join the android gang with a Note II and now this. :frustrated: What's in here that's not there in the old device?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby ngl2010 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:27 am

Buds, I am also thinking of ditching my iPhone and join the Samsung Note II gang. Samsung has bigger screen so it is easier to surf internet. However, iPhone is still more user friendly. Dilemma... dilemma...

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat May 11, 2013 8:44 am

ngl2010 wrote:Buds, I am also thinking of ditching my iPhone and join the Samsung Note II gang. Samsung has bigger screen so it is easier to surf internet. However, iPhone is still more user friendly. Dilemma... dilemma...

Yes, the iPhone still are still the most user-friendly. There is a learning curve for Androids and the different UI offered by different providers add to the confusion. Mrs CKS, the consummate techno-phonic, just switched back to the iPhone from her Samsung Note, complaining about the difficulty of using the Note for voice calls, although she likes to browse on the Note.

If you are impatient with technology, better to stick with the iPhone. Less frustration. If you like to customise your smartphone, Android offers much greater flexibility. I particularly like the Android widgets and Android desktop, which is something the idevices lack.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ngl2010 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:05 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Buds, I am also thinking of ditching my iPhone and join the Samsung Note II gang. Samsung has bigger screen so it is easier to surf internet. However, iPhone is still more user friendly. Dilemma... dilemma...

Yes, the iPhone still are still the most user-friendly. There is a learning curve for Androids and the different UI offered by different providers add to the confusion. Mrs CKS, the consummate techno-phonic, just switched back to the iPhone from her Samsung Note, complaining about the difficulty of using the Note for voice calls, although she likes to browse on the Note.

If you are impatient with technology, better to stick with the iPhone. Less frustration. If you like to customise your smartphone, Android offers much greater flexibility. I particularly like the Android widgets and Android desktop, which is something the idevices lack.

Thanks, Chief, for the advice. What is UI?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 15, 2013 6:14 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Thanks, Chief, for the advice. What is UI?

My bad. UI = User Interface

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sundaymorning » Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Thanks chief , i do prefer the android interface with more flexibility. !

sundaymorning
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby nansk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:24 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Available 25 May (THIS MONTH!!!)

Chief, why do you want an 8" device? Just curious.
(We have one 7" tablet and if I were to buy another, I'd get a 10" tablet next.)

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 pm

nansk wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Available 25 May (THIS MONTH!!!)

Chief, why do you want an 8" device? Just curious.
(We have one 7" tablet and if I were to buy another, I'd get a 10" tablet next.)

Portability and weight. Try to hold a 10" iPad for more than a minute when you are lying in bed, and you will get what I mean :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Technology & Gadgets