Updating to iOS6 in iPad

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Updating to iOS6 in iPad

Postby sakura_2009 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:33 am

Hi,

I'm trying to update my iPad to ios6 (its still at old ios4) but when I try to update using PC, it keeps saying iTunes update server cannot be contacted. I tried to disable the firewall and make sure that there is internet connection but it still doesn't work. Anyone can help here?

Many thanks!

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Updating to iOS6 in iPad

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 am

sakura_2009 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to update my iPad to ios6 (its still at old ios4) but when I try to update using PC, it keeps saying iTunes update server cannot be contacted. I tried to disable the firewall and make sure that there is internet connection but it still doesn't work. Anyone can help here?

Many thanks!

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.

2) You might want to try some of the tips here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/50 ... 0&tstart=0

3) If all else fails, use a Mac.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Updating to iOS6 in iPad

Postby sakura_2009 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sakura_2009 wrote:Hi,

Many thanks!

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.

2) You might want to try some of the tips here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/50 ... 0&tstart=0

3) If all else fails, use a Mac.

Hi, Chiefkiasu

Thanks a lot for your reply. Prior to writing to kiasu parents forum I've actually went into the Apple forum and tried out all the suggestions but to no avail. I called the Apply helpdesk and after close to 20 mins of trouble shooting over the phone, the guy eventually asked me to contact Windows instead.

I do not own a Mac and I got advice from one of the sales person at the Epi centre to head down to the Apple repair centre at Wheelock. I was told they do updates for customers at a fee. Will probably try that later.

Thanks again!

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets