Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Software for children to learn typing

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Software for children to learn typing

Postby auntiexxx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm

I found this, not sure if it is useful to anyone.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/typingtutor/ ... 4godfQ0AkQ

PS : I did not download, so really don't know if it works or not.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
nansk wrote:I see. :(
Thanks all the same.

No problem :smile: DS is learning through another software. I will update this thread on whether that software is good or not. I think he will take a few more weeks to finish it because he doesn't practice everyday :faint:

DS accidentally deleted that software :slapshead: Finally we used Kiran's Typing Tutor. It is free :smile: He said that he tried it in school before (why he didn't tell me earlier? :mad: ). It works with Window 7 too.

Anyway, he had practised it for 15 minutes for the past few days and I can already see some improvement in his typing skills.

If your child is going to use the software, please make sure that he/she go through the practices. DS tried to skip the practices and straight to the games :spank: . Of course he can't win the game lah :politebleah: and his typing skills didn't improve at all. So, please make sure that your DC finishes all the 150 practices.

Please feedback here if you find the software useful or if there is other software so the other parents can benefit too.

:smile:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 am

ngl2010 wrote:If your child is going to use the software, please make sure that he/she go through the practices. DS tried to skip the practices and straight to the games :spank: . Of course he can't win the game lah :politebleah: and his typing skills didn't improve at all. So, please make sure that your DC finishes all the 150 practices.

This applies to all typing software! There is no replacement for hard work. I also had to insist on a minimum time of practice before playing the games. Games alone don't help (or it will take many more hours of games to be equivalent to 10 mins practice).

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Somyadhawan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi in my opinion typing master tool is the best tool for improving typing speed. At present I am searching for best business accounting software for my business, can anyone suggest me which is the best business accounting software available for business accounting.

Somyadhawan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby robinsy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm

I learned typing fast from educational games when I was in Elementary. Typing Shark is a good choice before but I'm not sure which one is available nowadays.

robinsy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Ken Chan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 am

Dreamgear wrote:send him to CC for typing class. 2 days and he can type.....

Which CC?

Ken Chan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby love43 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Buy them a laptop and they will learn to type in 2 days trust me. Kids nowadays....

love43
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Vince19 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 am

love43 wrote:Buy them a laptop and they will learn to type in 2 days trust me. Kids nowadays....

I agree with this. No matter the target age, typing lesson for kids should start with the basics of proper finger placement and movement. The best lessons begin in focusing on individual fingers and each hand. After your children learn proper finger placement, the remaining lessons will boost their accuracy and speed. Keyboarding drills, timed typing tests and engaging, multi-level typing games all reinforce the skills taught in each lesson.

Vince19
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Previous

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres