SD card haywire

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

SD card haywire

Postby jessielu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 am

Need to extract photos from sd card but whenever I insert, it will prompt me to format, is there anyway to retrieve the photos?

jessielu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: SD card haywire

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

jessielu wrote:Need to extract photos from sd card but whenever I insert, it will prompt me to format, is there anyway to retrieve the photos?

where did you insert your card? reader of camera?

If reader, can you still view the photo using your camera?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jessielu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 pm

I put back into camera, it show memory spoilt? No way to review those previous photos :gloomy: :sad:

jessielu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 pm

maybe you hang around and wait for someone else's advice. Meanwhile, we can visit http://download.cnet.com/PC-Inspector-F ... 18663.html and read the comments by others.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi, pls don't format it !
Look like the data maybe corrupted, may need some software to restore it.

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby OrangeJuice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:17 pm

jessielu wrote:I put back into camera, it show memory spoilt? No way to review those previous photos :gloomy: :sad:

Hi, I know how you feel, just a couple of mths back, my laptop crashed but I haven't back up my latest Japan photos, worse of all I deleted them from my SD card.

So I contacted a few recovery centres to check if they can help me recover the photos in my SD card. I found data savers very helpful and their price reasonable compared to the other companies that I called. A Mr Lionel Ong was especially helpful. I was about to send my card to them but DH's IT colleague last min managed to retrieve photos for me so I managed to save some money. If I had to, I would engage Data Savers services.

So maybe you can try to get someone you know in the IT line to help u.

If not, call up a few recovery centres and see if they can help, compare prices etc (it can be costly!)

Here's contact for Data Savers, in case you need it :) good luck !

In case you are wondering I don't work for Data Savers or know anyone there,I am just a SAHM and thot I try to help u as I was heartbroken when the "accident" happened to me a few mths back, cheers :)

Data Savers Pte Ltd

9 Temasek Boulevard,
31/F Suntec Tower 2,
Singapore 038989

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby John Marker » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 am

I think you can retrieve photos from SD card by using data recovery tool. As per of my experience I suggest you utility Remo Recover. Just try it, hope it will helpful to rescue your photos from SD card.

John Marker
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Technology & Gadgets