Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Programming Classes

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Re: Programming Classes

Postby sky minecrafter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 am

sky minecrafter wrote:...Scratch (free learning of coding) MIT Media Lab

Code Ninja Ebook There are sufficient tips & tutorials on the Scratch site to guide beginners/learners, in any case, just sharing...

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jasminekokoro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:22 am

Depending on the kid's age, there's actually a lot of resources online to self learn programming!

jasminekokoro
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby PopularTutors » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:12 pm

I'd like to learn Python

PopularTutors
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jjlow789 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Can someone please recommend a place which offers programming classes for both adults & children?

jjlow789
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby robkesper » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am

Guys you need to check which programming language do you like. There are various programming languages such as xcode for iOS development, PHP for web development, Java for android programming. Trust me all languages are different from each other. Right now trend is for mobile application development and you may also visit this https://www.codigeeks.com to check the latest trends in the market. Hope it will help. Thanks

robkesper
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Peter_Newton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 am

Very helpful resources, thanks

Peter_Newton
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Ethan_Murphy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:52 am

At the present time, I would say that it is best to start with web development or QA, and then you can move to more complex areas or go into these through the study of additional technologies. And so immediately you can start with the creation of their sites for portfolio and place them on a hosting https://hostovita.pl/.

Ethan_Murphy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby trikey0891 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Swift Innovators’ Summit 2018

An event by IMDA for graduating P6s and Secondary students keen in app development. There will be 11 different clinic sessions around App Development as well as a Keynote by Yuma Soerianto, age 11, the youngest recipient at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference 2017 and one of the youngest iOS developers in the world.

Visit https://www.swiftinsg.org/learnmore/

trikey0891
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby passioneducator » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:17 pm

[quote="choppie"] i am a programmer, can you all share reasons why would you want your kids to study programming?

do they want it or parents feel this is a good skill to have?

At what age, do you think the kids will be ready to learn programming?[/quote]

There are other core skills introduced during the process of learning programming - problem structuring and problem solving, logical thinking and inspiring child to be creative and imaginative - what can I do, how do I do it, what to do next... etc. I studied computer science and do programming for four years in multi-national companies, I believe this has helped me in my independence and living all over the world in the past twenty years... problem solving queen! :D

passioneducator
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RoastChickenDance » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:41 am

Basics of Web Development Course ($30)

The workshop will provide a basic understanding of the nuances and elements of HTML, CSS, Web Design Blocks and Web Design Elements. The workshop will be 80:20 hands-on, meaning the participants will be exposed to coding throughout the workshop.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/basics-of- ... 1619660795

RoastChickenDance
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Previous

Return to Technology & Gadgets

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres