Can Android 4.4.2 run Adobe Flash Player?

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Can Android 4.4.2 run Adobe Flash Player?

Postby atrecord » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am

Hi all,

I got a Samsung Google Nexus 10 recently, and DD was using it for her school's LMS assignment, by MCOnline, during the weekend.

Unfortunately the Nexus doesn't support Flash, which the assignments are based on.

I tried to google and found that Adobe previously supported Flash, but stopped doing so for the recent newer versions. The Android 4.4.2, which the Nexus is on, is not supported, officially.

Does anyone know whether there's any way to overcome this (i.e. to install Flash player on Android 4.4.2 machines)?

tks...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Can Android 4.4.2 run Adobe Flash Player?

Postby ohms » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:02 pm

atrecord wrote:Hi all,

I got a Samsung Google Nexus 10 recently, and DD was using it for her school's LMS assignment, by MCOnline, during the weekend.

Unfortunately the Nexus doesn't support Flash, which the assignments are based on.

I tried to google and found that Adobe previously supported Flash, but stopped doing so for the recent newer versions. The Android 4.4.2, which the Nexus is on, is not supported, officially.

Does anyone know whether there's any way to overcome this (i.e. to install Flash player on Android 4.4.2 machines)?

tks...

You might want to try this link from Adobe-

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... vices.html

There is a video instruction that guides you on how to install adobe's flash player for android.

I used an apps from the play store sometime back, but that has since been deactivated and delisted.

:smile:

ohms
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby atrecord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 am

ohms wrote:
atrecord wrote:Hi all,

tks...

You might want to try this link from Adobe-

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... vices.html

There is a video instruction that guides you on how to install adobe's flash player for android.

I used an apps from the play store sometime back, but that has since been deactivated and delisted.

:smile:

Thanks. I actually managed to google for some help and was able to install Flash on the Nexus 10 tablet that runs 4.4.2. But strangely when I tried to do the exact same thing on my Note 3 (which also runs 4.4.2, it said incomplete...

sigh... but nvm. at least the tablet is ok.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 am

Which Flash version did you use? I dl an apk but couldn't get it to work on Chrome.
Do you use Chrome too?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Nebbermind wrote:Which Flash version did you use? I dl an apk but couldn't get it to work on Chrome.
Do you use Chrome too?

Let this non-technie guy try to understand, find out and answer your question...

just checked: it's Flash Player 11.1, and it's ok with Dolphin, still not working with Chrome... I read from the web that only Dolphin can work well, so i followed and downloaded Dolphin and indeed it works on the Nexus.

But like i said, i did the exact same thing on my Note 3, and still haven't managed to get it to work...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:47 am

Not working on my nexus...someth8ng about version incompatible... we should for solution when i have the time...thanks!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pacman clyde » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:54 am

Unfortunately you can ONLY run adobe flash player on android 2.3 gingerbread. they removed for android devices on 3.0 honeycomb onwards as it caused hardware problems. if you want to use mconline on mobile, they have an app in the google play store.

pacman clyde
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atrecord » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 am

pacman clyde wrote:Unfortunately you can ONLY run adobe flash player on android 2.3 gingerbread. they removed for android devices on 3.0 honeycomb onwards as it caused hardware problems. if you want to use mconline on mobile, they have an app in the google play store.

Had missed this post.

Thanks - will try it out.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Technology & Gadgets