Edit a youtube video

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Edit a youtube video

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Dear all
Appreciate some help, please.
1) I have a youtube video which I would like to convert to wmv so that I can save it in my hard disk.
2) How do I edit a long youtube video so that I can select only a portion of it?
Thank you.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Edit a youtube video

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Dear all
1) I have a youtube video which I would like to convert to wmv so that I can save it in my hard disk.
2) How do I edit a long youtube video so that I can select only a portion of it?
Thank you.

You can use videograbber to download it....but can't remember what format it is saved as.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Thank you.

You can use videograbber to download it....but can't remember what format it is saved as.

Thanks.
I have downloaded them as MP4 video. Now exploring how to edit so that I can select only a portion of the video.
Any advice, pls.
Thanks.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:15 pm

starlight1968sg wrote: Thanks.
I have downloaded them as MP4 video. Now exploring how to edit so that I can select only a portion of the video.
Any advice, pls.
Thanks.

Ah...I use Freemake video converter (they also have a downloading app) to cut/trim...it's quite easy to use.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby IchimaruGin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:25 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:
Thank you.

Thanks.
Any advice, pls.
Thanks.

Loads of tools for it, I suggest AppGeeker video converter, it would work for you.

http://www.appgeeker.com/how-to/convert-wmv-to-mp4-mac.html

I have been involved in video encoding for a few years now and this is one of the simplest tools with good results.

To get a portion of the video, just move to the editing panel and use "trim" option to deal with that.

IchimaruGin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby StarryStarryNight » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Search for media converter on google. The first link is the best one. But they only allow 5 conversions per day.

StarryStarryNight
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kychua » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Windows Movie Maker is actually pretty good for these basic tasks. I use it as a last resort.

kychua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets