Mechquest online game

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

Mechquest online game

Postby usaik » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi,

Wonder any of your kid is playing Mechquest? Any comments/feedback on this FREE browser-based fantasy giant destructive war machine battle game. How safe/unsafe do you rate this website for kids between 8-10 years old?

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Avada Kedavra » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello.

I personally play MechQuest, DragonFable, Adventure Quest and Adventure Quest Worlds, all of which are games produced by Artix Entertainment. I've played them for years, and I can say that every single of the game that they create and update weekly are safe for children.

Here's an extract I found from the MechQuest Homepage...

Information for Parents
MechQuest is a free fully animated single-player mecha role playing game. Thousands of people from all over the world play MechQuest! Players battle against hordes of alien monsters and other enemies to increase the power of their characters and obtain equipment and weapons. Our friendly team of game creators is dedicated to building fun and clean games. This means that we do not use any swear words or themes that would be inappropriate for younger players.

Players need nothing more than their web browser and the latest version of the Flash plugin to play. There are no long downloads to get started, and you cannot get viruses or spam email from our game.

A useful fact which may benefit your child:

Educational Benefits

MechQuest is full of interesting stories to read, adventures to experience, and goal driven quests to complete. New events, quests, robots, monsters, NPCs (Non-Player Characters) and items are continually being added to the game. The quests and events help to test the player's mental abilities. MechQuest is also a great place for kids to practice and improve their reading skills, because all of the NPCs talk to you, and every quest you go on involves reading text to make decisions about how the player continues the quest. The written material in MechQuest contains no foul language and is suitable for all ages, and is written to be generally understood by players of all ages.

MechQuest provides an environment that may improve personal skills, including analytical thinking, multitasking and problem-solving. It also includes elements that require players to calculate percentages and use other mathematical skills to better play the game.

Although Terms and Condition require the player to be above 13 years old, as an opinion of my own, I say that any child lower than the age of 13 would not have any risk whatsoever arising from this game. However, I would suggest that you supervise your child while playing this game, though I find it totally optional.

Final Statement: Artix Entertainment games are totally suitable for children, with game staff reducing any bad practices, etc. to the minimal. I'm upgraded on 2 out of the 4 games, and the company doesn't scam anyone, nor sell your email address and getting spammed with advertisements.

Avada Kedavra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby usaik » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:35 am

Hi Avada Kedavra,

Thank you so much for sharing.

My 8 yos boy has been playing Mechquest for a while with the free account. So far the games look quite ok under the free account with limited capability.

However, he has been requesting to upgrade to STAR CAPTAIN. I am not sure what will this get him into so would like to find out more before deciding whether I should let him do the upgrade.

Could you share how does the account work? What do you mean when you mention you have upgraded on 2 out of the 4 games?

Many thanks in advance!

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Avada Kedavra » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Normal accounts (Free), have limited capabilities on MechQuest. They are not able to access/do quests, access places, etc., as compared to Star Captains.

Here's the quoted advantages for a Standard Upgrade.

* Upgrades one Character to a Star Captain!
* 200 Nova Gems
* Use Star Captain-only Mecha, Vehicles, and Items!
* The Star Captain Advantage
- Unlock Special Shops
- Get special missions
- New areas added regularly!
- Store 20 Mecha in your Hanger
- Full Access to the Game!
* Get the Star Captains Uniform
* Create more characters
* Support the growth of the game.
* One time only fee!

It costs US$$19.95, and when compared to the Ultimate Armada (Upgrade
ALL Characters), it's definitely more expensive... Here're the advantages for upgrading the whole account.

* Upgrade your entire account!
All of the benefits of upgrading for all of your characters at a special price!
* SIX Star Captains!
- One for every character!
- Even ones you have not made yet.
- Even if you delete and make a new one.
* 200 Nova Gems per character
(The only purchase of Nova Gems that will apply to all characters!)
* The Star Captain Advantage
- Unlock Special Shops
- Get special missions
- New areas added regularly!
- Store 20 Mecha in your Hanger
- Full Access to the Game!
* Get the Star Captains Uniform
* Create more characters
* Support the growth of the game.
* One time only fee!

If you want to upgrade for your son, I suggest that you upgrade the whole account for him (US$29.95). Though it seems expensive, it's worthwhile in the long run, when your child can play on 6 characters in just one account.

Personally, I'll offer the entire account upgrade as an incentive/reward to your child. It can be a (birthday) present as well.

Here's the Nova Gems advantages as well:

Get the advantage!
When you become a Star Captain you will also get a bonus of 200 Nova Gems. These valuable gems will allow you to buy items and in-game extras from special shops to give you an edge in our toughest missions and against other players! These exclusive weapons and items are rare, powerful and worth every Nova Gem you spend on them.

$5.00 at time of purchase!
Add just $5 when you purchase a Star Captain Upgrade to add an EXTRA 2,000 Nova Gems to a single character or, an extra 2,000 Nova Gems to EVERY character when you upgrade all 6!

$9.95 regular price.
You may also purchase another 2000 Nova Gems for a single character at any time.

That said, your child will be greatly benefited in the game once it's upgraded. The best part of the deal is that it's a permanent upgrade, and not a monthly or yearly payment.

I mentioned that "I've upgraded on 2 out of the 4 games", yes. The 4 games that A.E. has created so far are Adventure Quest, DragonFable, MechQuest, Adventure Quest Worlds. The latest game by A.E. is EpicDuel, which they've bought over from the creator's company. I've got 2 X-Guardian characters on A.Q., and also a 1 year membership on A.Q.W. The experiences have always been great, and I've also been on the game forums for 1 year or so, and the game staff are great, and I love their games greatly.

P.S. The fastest payment method is Paypal, but if you don't have a Paypal account, you can use your Credit Card too. I used Cherry Credits, by which I paid for them by buying the C.C. cards in 7-11 stores.

Avada Kedavra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby usaik » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:57 am

Hi Avada Kedavra,

Thanks once again for the information.

Sorry I wanted to know more entire account upgrade thingy. I asked my son about te entire account upgragde. He doesn't think that he need that reason being he said that he has only 1 character and only played with that 1 character so far for the past many months.

Also....why do you need to play 6 characters? (Please pardon me asking so many questions...and Sorry if my question sounds silly)

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Avada Kedavra » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Also....why do you need to play 6 characters? (Please pardon me asking so many questions...and Sorry if my question sounds silly)

There're many reasons why someone would like to play with 6 characters. A few top my head include the fact that a player would like to experiment different routes a character can take in-game. Some people may also get bored with a character after playing for some time, and start a new one (personally, I've experienced this before). Yes, 6 may sound a little too much, but if your child really feels that he doesn't need that many, than the normal upgrade package suits you best... After all, you wouldn't want to spend excess money.

He doesn't think that he need that reason being he said that he has only 1 character and only played with that 1 character so far for the past many months.

Your child may hit the level cap (maximum level in-game) after some time, and may start getting bored (perhaps because he can no longer level up in this case, but just play for more credits). He may then like to start a new character or something like that. That's the most plausible reason I can think up of, and before you decide on which one to upgrade, I suggest that you check on your child's level... The current level cap is 40. If he's near that, or already hit that, you might like to ask him if he wants to start on a new character, or whatever plans he may have.

If he hasn't been any where near that, then the best plan here is to upgrade only 1 character.

Good luck. (It's fine to ask questions... Feel free to post back in this thread if you need more clarifications.)

Avada Kedavra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby usaik » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi Avada Kedavra,

Thanks for taking time and patience to provide me with all the information. I will most likely let my son have his upgrade as a reward/incentive per your suggestion.

Once again thanks!

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Avada Kedavra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

You're welcome, usaik. Here's the official MechQuest forums link for the games if your son needs it, or if you have any further questions.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=183

Have a nice day.

Avada Kedavra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby usaik » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Avada Kedavra wrote:Here's the official MechQuest forums link for the games if your son needs it, or if you have any further questions.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=183

Have a nice day.

Didn't realize that they even have an offical forum. THANKS!

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Technology & Gadgets