mobile app for easy communication with parents & teachers

Thinking of upgrading your handphone or PC again? Trying to manage your children's use of technology? Come and share your experiences!

mobile app for easy communication with parents & teachers

Postby 88newbie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

I have 2 kids in primary school, and sometimes get information disseminated from school/teachers in paper form.

Some events in the notifications are for future events, and my wife and I sometimes forgot about the notifications when the events are happening. Sometimes, my kids forgot to give it to us.

I wish there was an app that allow teachers to push notification thru, and also help us to set notifications so we are reminded of the events. Maybe a simple chat feature could also help parents to ask questions to school/teachers and get a response. Teachers/school might not be comfortable to share whatsapp or facebook contact for this kind of discussion.

Any good app recommendation? do you think school will use such an app?

88newbie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: mobile app for easy communication with parents & teacher

Postby pirated » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:51 pm

88newbie wrote:Hi,

I have 2 kids in primary school, and sometimes get information disseminated from school/teachers in paper form.

Some events in the notifications are for future events, and my wife and I sometimes forgot about the notifications when the events are happening. Sometimes, my kids forgot to give it to us.

I wish there was an app that allow teachers to push notification thru, and also help us to set notifications so we are reminded of the events. Maybe a simple chat feature could also help parents to ask questions to school/teachers and get a response. Teachers/school might not be comfortable to share whatsapp or facebook contact for this kind of discussion.

Tell the school to just upload their calendar of events and activities on the school website.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TuitionCorp » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Why not set up a little notice board at home? One made of cardboard, cork or a small slate / black board. It would train the children to be organised and would also be helpful for the adults in the family as well.

A good place would be near the shoe rack or main door. The young ones would get reminded of any forms, requests, notice etc. when they just pass by them.

Just one sweet and pleasant side effect though......., they might keep alerting you if their favourite activity is coming up.

TuitionCorp
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby FB555 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Usually beginning of the term, my kids' school will send their whole term school calendar to me thru email. I will usually key them into my mobile phone calendar and set alerts to be send to me 1 day before or a few hours before.
This always work because it is in my mobile ph calendar and i can see the whole months' activities with just 1 glance.
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 pm

88newbie wrote:Hi,

Don't your DC's sch have such mobile apps, blog, portal?

I feel kinda busy reading online info from teacher on my app and now need to read/contribute to WA posts by 30 pairs of parents...

I'm getting wrist ache...and neckache...and old flower eyes.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby codie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I sort of created an app for school to solve problems in this area but I have not really marketed to schools. Maybe this thread is a good time to do a quick survey. Is an app like what I created useful for parents? Let me know. Thanks!

http://schooriken.com

codie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Technology & Gadgets